Educate me about my clowns.

Titleist1964

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2022
Messages
352
Reaction score
246
Location
02852
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 (what the listing read) Black Onyx Perc clowns from an LFS, these 2 are absolutely inseparable, one goes one way the other follows, and it seems vice versa. Normal? In any event I'm just looking for clown behavior info, none the less, love these lil clowns.
AnN.jpg
 
They are paired up if they swim together. You are lucky that there was no bickering, percula are notoriously aggressive to each other when being paired, especially if they are the same size. Those are some nice clowns, by the way.
 
They are paired up if they swim together. You are lucky that there was no bickering, percula are notoriously aggressive to each other when being paired, especially if they are the same size. Those are some nice clowns, by the way.
Thank you, I looked at every single tank with clowns in it, these 2 we're the only clowns in that tank, and they shared the same behavior at the LFS as they do in my tank. My only concern is that I fed them for the first time today, and noticed they suck in and spit out a lot of the food. I purchased Omega One Marine Flakes based on the high recommendations and reviews.
 
Thank you, I looked at every single tank with clowns in it, these 2 we're the only clowns in that tank, and they shared the same behavior at the LFS as they do in my tank. My only concern is that I fed them for the first time today, and noticed they suck in and spit out a lot of the food. I purchased Omega One Marine Flakes based on the high recommendations and reviews.
Try frozen mysis, brine with spirlina, LRS,
 
After observing them for a few minutes, it appears they spit out the larger pieces and suck up the tiny bite sized.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new