Eggs? Not sure what this is please help

cheery

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
40
Location
saskatchewan
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi we are new to salt water tanks. We had a snowflake clown, banggai cardinal, photon storm clownfish, starry blenny
Pinwheel zoanthid, Indo venom green acid torch, pink center alveopora,
We lost our acid torch and our snowflake clown. The clown fish we lost after some strange eggs showed up in our tank. They are kinda pink just one blob but made up of small clear bobbles. We left them in didn’t know what they were and they slowly disappeared. I did see the storm clownfish pulling at the blob. Today another blob showed up the same thing. I took it out as soon as I saw it. Any idea what this may be. The first photo is in the tank second one is after I took them out

IMG_8258.jpeg IMG_8259.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hi we are new to salt water tanks. We had a snowflake clown, banggai cardinal, photon storm clownfish, starry blenny
Pinwheel zoanthid, Indo venom green acid torch, pink center alveopora,
We lost our acid torch and our snowflake clown. The clown fish we lost after some strange eggs showed up in our tank. They are kinda pink just one blob but made up of small clear bobbles. We left them in didn’t know what they were and they slowly disappeared. I did see the storm clownfish pulling at the blob. Today another blob showed up the same thing. I took it out as soon as I saw it. Any idea what this may be. The first photo is in the tank second one is after I took them out

IMG_8258.jpeg IMG_8259.jpeg
Can be eggs but need clearer/brighter pics a little closer
 
Hi we are new to salt water tanks. We had a snowflake clown, banggai cardinal, photon storm clownfish, starry blenny
Pinwheel zoanthid, Indo venom green acid torch, pink center alveopora,
We lost our acid torch and our snowflake clown. The clown fish we lost after some strange eggs showed up in our tank. They are kinda pink just one blob but made up of small clear bobbles. We left them in didn’t know what they were and they slowly disappeared. I did see the storm clownfish pulling at the blob. Today another blob showed up the same thing. I took it out as soon as I saw it. Any idea what this may be. The first photo is in the tank second one is after I took them out

IMG_8258.jpeg IMG_8259.jpeg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Those are not eggs of any fish parasite.

I cannot say for certain without some way to judge their size, but these could be unfertilized eggs from the Banggai cardinalfish. They might also be eggs from some snail in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new