Eheim Jager Ebo vs Thermocontrol-E vs TruTemp

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to get the Eheim heaters for my new tank setup. I have been looking around and I have seen the Eheim Jager Ebo, Thermocontrol-E, and TruTemp. What are the differences between all three? Is there anyone that is better than the other. Are all three compatible with the Inkbird controller? Any help would be appreciated.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, the Eheim Jager Ebo is now sold as the Thermocontrol - so it looks like the Jager Ebo, Jager TruTemp and Thermocontrol are basically the same heater.

• Eheim Jager Ebo/TruTemp/Thermocontrol - manually set
• Ehim Thermocontrol-E - electronically set

In answer to your question, yes - all are compatible with an InkBird controller - but keep in mind that an InkBird is a controller as well, so you need to adjust the InkBird parameters when using controlled heaters.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, the Eheim Jager Ebo is now sold as the Thermocontrol - so it looks like the Jager Ebo, Jager TruTemp and Thermocontrol are basically the same heater.

• Eheim Jager Ebo/TruTemp/Thermocontrol - manually set
• Ehim Thermocontrol-E - electronically set

In answer to your question, yes - all are compatible with an InkBird controller - but keep in mind that an InkBird is a controller as well, so you need to adjust the InkBird parameters when using controlled heaters.
What do you mean by adjust the Inkbird parameters?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by adjust the Inkbird parameters?
The Inkbird has 2 temperature probes that you program to turn both outlets either on or off (min temp, max temp). So say you want to run your tank @78°F - you'll set your heater(s) to 78°F and then the Inkbird to turn on at 77°F and off at 79°F.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back