OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the moon brain, did the WC help it?

It's improved, yeah. I want to do one more big wc tonight if I can.

I can see this is probably going to be my "signal" coral...the first one to react and therefore let me know if things are declining. I'd prefer it never gets to that point, but it doesn't hurt to have something that says "hey, we're not okay in here."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My open brain and pagota cup are my signal corals. Its good to have them give us signs before things really start to go down hill.

My green leptastrea has endured far more than a coral should ever have to, but it's still going strong. That one....man, it doesn't react to anything other than nighttime (it closes up at night) and food. XD

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green leptastrea has endured far more than a coral should ever have to, but it's still going strong. That one....man, it doesn't react to anything other than nighttime (it closes up at night) and food. XD

Sounds like me, I pretty much close up at night time and I respond to food!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHAT DOES A PERSON HAVE TO DO TO GET SOME MINIONS?!!!?

Just finished fishing all my inhabitants out of the 125 FW....I'm dying....x.x I don't even have enough left in me to finish emptying the tank, let alone moving it and setting it back up.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure wish I was there to help you :sorry: Hope this goes well.

Well, it hasn't, but nobody's pushing up daisies so I guess we're okay so far, lol. XD

EDIT: Well, other than a bristleworm that I was trying to remove from a rock...poor thing got pulled in half. And I got porcupined by it for the trouble I took to try to save its wormy butt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear everyone is hanging in there...well everyone except Mr. bristleworm. You deserve a quiet 'latte' moment when everything is settled!

I'm looking forward to a nice hot chocolate in front of the 125 when everyone's settled, assuming I'm not shaking too hard to hold it...in which case, nap, then yummyness XD

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is everyone today and did you get your quiet cup of cocoa?

No... I took a nap while I was waiting for my mom to get back so I could load up the fish (they're waiting in a 29g) and when she got here I couldn't wake up. I tried, but I was literally falling back to sleep sitting up. I take them over today.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are in the car and we're on our way...pray I get them safely taken care of. I'm particularly worried about my rummynose tetras. They're very sensitive - you can literally put them into shock by scaring them too badly.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone seems to be okay...no deaths so far....rummies took it a bit rough but better than I expected. Tank is about 1/3 full but being aerated fine by a powerhead, so I'm going to sleep now @-@

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking good. Everyone's well.
Now to get the acrylic set up so I can move my seababies into it ♥

Guess what? My hubby wants to inherit the 50...!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking good. Everyone's well.
Now to get the acrylic set up so I can move my seababies into it ♥

Guess what? My hubby wants to inherit the 50...!

That is good news about all your critters! So does your hubby have specific plans for the 50 or is he going to wait and see?

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good news about all your critters! So does your hubby have specific plans for the 50 or is he going to wait and see?

He's set on a snowflake eel and a flame angel (assuming I can keep him talked out of an octopus, lol!!)

He wants blue sand. Maybe you know someplace we can get some (or a way to dye it)?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's set on a snowflake eel and a flame angel (assuming I can keep him talked out of an octopus, lol!!)

He wants blue sand. Maybe you know someplace we can get some (or a way to dye it)?

I had a snowflake eel (named Eelly) when I had my bigger tanks. I loved him. They can get pretty big and I'd worry that the flame angel might go from friend to food. I have seen reptile sand come in different colors but I don't know if its marine safe.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a snowflake eel (named Eelly) when I had my bigger tanks. I loved him. They can get pretty big and I'd worry that the flame angel might go from friend to food. I have seen reptile sand come in different colors but I don't know if its marine safe.
Snowflakes -usually- target crustaceans. Also, I'm planning to make sure he starts with a very small eel so they grow up together. Other than that we'll have to just hope, I think, because he's got his heart set on both.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back