OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relationships take work but are well worth the time, ( kind of like a reef tank, yes?). My hubby and I will celebrate 33 years of marriage in June and its never been better. Very glad for you and your significant other.
Thanks, and congratulations to you! :D

what all do you need to get up and going?

Haha, you want everything or just the absolute essentials?

Bare minimum, I need a fresh box of salt. I'm down to about 25g worth. That would be if I either go barebottom temporarily or reuse the old sand. I also need stripper and paint so I can get the stand done - I really don't think I want to try repainting it with the tank full and on it. Wouldn't be real intelligent. XD

To finish the job properly, I could use some nice clean sand...I'm just doing what I can to clean up the old live rock...eventually I have to try and afford a new light, something to reseed the rock and sand with critters, probably just a little more rock, and a large lump of macroalgae. I've been thinking I'd like a skimmer, but it's really not necessary.

I think that's it....

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note, I also regularly use Dr. Tim's Waste-Away, and I'm almost out of that. Thankfully I have a nice stock of mysis and krill...getting short on some of the other foods but there's enough for now.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uggh...I'm about 75% sure I'm developing bronchitis yet again.
This will be my...fourth time, I think?

Very sorry about the bronchitis. Sounds like its been a rough winter for you. If you are getting the rain from 'Titan' that won't help either. I will keep you in my prayers.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry about the bronchitis. Sounds like its been a rough winter for you. If you are getting the rain from 'Titan' that won't help either. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you very much...and yeah, it has...but God and a few very nice people really helped brighten it up for me. ♡

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also decided to move from my 30g into a 46g. I can't go bigger because of our floors. But really nervous.

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to do a switch. Between a Cichlid tank into my 30g and the 30g into the 46. Going to get new sand, keeping everything else. Than going to cure some rock in a Rubbermaid tub. Just don't want to send my new tank into a cycle and loose everything. I can't do a sump right now, but do have a skimmer, heater, 2 PH and LEDs

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry you are getting sick again. This has been a long winter for everyone. I am soooo ready for Spring. I have MS and sure am ready to go outside and enjoy the warmth. I will pray for you.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry you are getting sick again. This has been a long winter for everyone. I am soooo ready for Spring. I have MS and sure am ready to go outside and enjoy the warmth. I will pray for you.

Fibromyalgia for me...so I feel ya, even if this is somewhat less debilitating.

I understand how you feel about the move now XD Just keep everything wet (think LR in buckets of tank water) and you should be okay.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fibromyalgia for me...so I feel ya, even if this is somewhat less debilitating.

I understand how you feel about the move now XD Just keep everything wet (think LR in buckets of tank water) and you should be okay.

God bless you both. It sounds like you both have very good attitudes amidst trying circumstances. I am old enough now to believe "that all things do indeed work for our good" Romans 8:28

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...we're moving.

This is going to be fun (NOT.)

My chances of making it to the expo are very slim at this point, too.

My hubby is buying me my salt, though...so when I move the reef I can put it in the upgrade.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silver lining

That it is...and this time, I should be able to set it up and make sure everything's hunky-dory before moving the fish, as opposed to last time (which was, frankly, hellish) when I had to move everything at once.

My removal of the leptastrea from the rock didn't go so well...it looks kinda rough and broke into a few pieces...but hopefully it'll heal okay. I have some seachem reef dip, which has iodine in it (I can smell it), so if it starts getting infected I can do something about it. Pray for the best. :/

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back