Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noooooo!!!! Wonder's dead!!!

The female anthias of my pair....**** it...I got them all in the bucket to take them to the new house and they seemed fine...20 minutes later I look in the bucket and she's dying and the others seemed lethargic...I got new water in as fast as I could but she never came back....RIP my lovely Glory...Shock and I will miss you. TT.TT

This move isn't over, either. That's what scares me the worst.

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry about Wonder. I also have a pair of anthias, well sort of: they were both females and one of them half way changed to being a male. I am sad for you, its always tough to lose one.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry about Wonder. I also have a pair of anthias, well sort of: they were both females and one of them half way changed to being a male. I am sad for you, its always tough to lose one.

Those two are very special to me...thanks for caring...my poor baby, I don't know what happened. She got a kiss before her flush burial.

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the one you have left does ok without her. My 'half man' anthias (Romeo)bullies his mate (Juliet). He has been behaving himself better now that I got a midas blenny that is bigger than him.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the one you have left does ok without her. My 'half man' anthias (Romeo)bullies his mate (Juliet). He has been behaving himself better now that I got a midas blenny that is bigger than him.

It's odd, but now I'm watching Shock (stayed up all night getting the tank set up and them in it) and his color's back. He had lost his pink over time but now that Wonder's gone it has returned. Maybe dealing with her was stressing him?

I also got back to my FW to find my last molly, the one that had been born in my tank, passed away. T.T Everyone else in that tank seems to be doing great, though, even the rummynoses. ♡

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!

Noticed the freshwater looking a little foggy. Tested it. Not good - I've lost my color card but ammonia is definitely high. My only option, Petco, is out of safestart. Great. But I barely managed to scratch together enough for Nite-Out II - changing some water - praying this works!!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'Scuse me while I go have a fit. Ammonia in the reef too!!
At least my hubby bought some bio-spira in prep of starting his tank. I used them with permission. We'll see.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting for the post that states you are sitting down enjoying watching your tank. Wish I help

So am I >.<
What's worse is that I'm currently babysitting four Very Important Goldfish that Dad's fiance and her youngest daughter won at the fair together. They're in the big tank. I love my own fish, but if I lose those little guys it would break their hearts!!

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So am I >.<
What's worse is that I'm currently babysitting four Very Important Goldfish that Dad's fiance and her youngest daughter won at the fair together. They're in the big tank. I love my own fish, but if I lose those little guys it would break their hearts!!

O my Eienna, I don't know how you deal with all the pressure! Man, I stress just reading all the things you have on your plate. I am praying for you.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haaaaa.....sometimes I don't. Just ask my husband. God helps, though.

For sure, what would we do without God? I didn't know Him when I was young and its an insecure way to live thinking you have to have all the answers! Its way better now knowing I can leave things in His hands when I don't know what to do.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just discovered a chip/crack out of a corner of the 100g. Why can't things just go right?!!! It passed the leak test, but I'm scared to death to use it long-term T.T Is there a way to patch something like that so it can't get worse?

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've decided what I'm going to do. I'll fill it with plain water for one month. If the spot gets worse, I won't use it. If it gives, the fresh water should do less damage than saltwater, and I won't be putting my animals in danger. If I can (next month will be extremely tight) I'll also get some acrylic glue to put on it before filling for some extra support.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been advised by someone I trust that using some acrylic glue on the area should protect it from further damage. I'm therefore going to wait until I can get some, then do my month test mentioned before, and proceed from there. :)

My leptastrea hasn't opened properly today. Had me nervous so I checked amm/nitrite/nitrate/phosphate. No ammonia, no nitrite, some reading of nitrate but not enough to cause that with the lept. Phosphate, however, was shockingly high. I think that stupid rock is still leaching. Anyway, I'm working on fixing that. I've found that the lanthanum chloride doesn't bother the fish if I put it in just behind the filter pad, and reduce the recommended dose a bit. I think what killed my fish before (in my last tank crash) was not the lanthanum (though I suspect my math was off and I may have OD'd it) but rather the accidental double-dosing of denitrifiers. I added the lanthanum very slowly this time and watched for reactions. Even at the full dose they showed no sign of it bothering them, so after a while I cleaned the filter to remove the precipitate and will continue - carefully - to use the product until I have a viable alternative.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm...I guess my hubby is not taking my 50g. He found himself a 150g with a fancy LED light fixture, sump and skimmer for $400. It's probably worth a good $1200 if not more. Beautiful shape.

I'm not really jealous of the tank size - more than happy with my 100 - but I do want that fixture, lol!!

Now I gotta figure out what to do with the 50...because his has to go in its spot...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never hurts to have a back up!

...except when the landlady and her son (the one basically running things) are already freaking out about my having too much fish stuff around...
I have my 20 if I need it temporarily. I simply don't have a place to put the 50 anymore.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back