Elegance is not well. Need some advice

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Elegance slowly started to detiriorate. I think it has to do with some serious brown hair algea and ciano issue that i have. The algea is slowly being eliminated. I did a weekly 20% WC in the last 3 weeks. Parameters are fine: PO4 0.03 ppm NO3 3 ppm Ca 410ppm KH 8.4. I have another smaller one that looks very happy.any advice? Here are the sick one and thr you⁸
20210529_143938.jpg
20210529_143933.jpg

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure they are difficult corals. I’m no help but it might no be anything that you’re doing wrong. I’ll follow and hope it turns around for you. I want one but am worried it will just die. They’re so cool looking.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the dreaded elegance coral syndrome. No one knows the cause or have effective treatment. I had it a couple of years ago and it just slowly died. You can try googling to see if there are more effective treatments. All who have successfully treated it ranged from FW dips, to moving to low flow low light, to antibacterial dips, but results have been very hit and miss so in situations where it recovered we can't be sure it was even due to the treatment.

Is this bone structure in a "cone" shape? I remember reading from forums that these ones are more succiptible to ECS

Levi Nicolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the dreaded elegance coral syndrome. No one knows the cause or have effective treatment. I had it a couple of years ago and it just slowly died. You can try googling to see if there are more effective treatments. All who have successfully treated it ranged from FW dips, to moving to low flow low light, to antibacterial dips, but results have been very hit and miss so in situations where it recovered we can't be sure it was even due to the treatment.

Is this bone structure in a "cone" shape? I remember reading from forums that these ones are more succiptible to ECS
Recently my elegance showed signs of the syndrome and then I had a fresh water bath with iodine on Wednesday and he was very irritated and released a lot of mucus but today he is better but the tentacles are still gone. I believe I'll only see better results in a week or two, and since the bath he's been in the shade.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • None.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back