Email when ATO triggers and shuts off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm still learning the ins and outs of my Profilux 4. I'm wanting to setup up an email notification when my ATO min level sensor turns on and when my ATO max level sensor turns off.

I have my email server info set up - the P4 will email me, I just don't know how to specify the ATO min/max part.

Any expertise you can lend would be great!

Thanks and happy holidays.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Holidays :)

I no of no way of setting up a notification of an event happening unless it triggers a warning or alert.

So putting my thinking cap on I was could I somehow force an alert?

And then went hmmm.

Could we not set a switch channel to ato min

Assign it to a non real dosing pump the switch control and set the container level to like 5 ml and the pump to fast.

Would not once ato min once it is activated activate the switch pump which would in turn activate the dosing pump which I. Turn would error because in less then 15 seconds read 0 and alert?

I know this is way outside the box, but I have been thinking about it :)

@Lasse, @WWIII, @Marco@GHLUSA and @Vinny@GHLUSA I do not see any easy way of doing this but figure you never know :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tested but if you use ATO with two sensors can´t you set max time on to a short period - let us say 5 sec and check the box for reset error automatically. In the E-post section you just configure two post. nr 1 - message - token for sensors, alarm and level control. mailing control: alarm - just new
nr 2: - message - token for sensors, alarm and level control. mailing control: alarm - just over.

If it work as I suspect - you will get an e-post with alarm - just new 5 seconds after lower sensor indicate filling and an epost containing alarm - just over 5 seconds after the higher sensor indicate full.

i haven´t test this but that´s the way I would start trying to solve it

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Holidays :)

I no of no way of setting up a notification of an event happening unless it triggers a warning or alert.

So putting my thinking cap on I was could I somehow force an alert?

And then went hmmm.

Could we not set a switch channel to ato min

Assign it to a non real dosing pump the switch control and set the container level to like 5 ml and the pump to fast.

Would not once ato min once it is activated activate the switch pump which would in turn activate the dosing pump which I. Turn would error because in less then 15 seconds read 0 and alert?

I know this is way outside the box, but I have been thinking about it :)

@Lasse, @WWIII, @Marco@GHLUSA and @Vinny@GHLUSA I do not see any easy way of doing this but figure you never know :)

Wow, thanks for the noodling on this... Let me decipher and understand this and see if it works for me. :)

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back