OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel either option is a valid option, fuge or frag. Personally I see a frag section possibly making you money later where a fuge is just exporting of nutrients. I like the aquaforest products too and feel either option would set you up for success. I am curious to see what others think.

Thank you very much Txdraggonslayer for your input . I do like that valid point about the frag section! As am I to see what others may say ..

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I support the frag option as well.
A refugium for nutrient export is not always a great success and depends a lot about the later decisions on livestock and quantities and even skimmer.
Still, as long as you keep the space available, you can later still see to convert the refugium into a frag tank or other way around.

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I support the frag option as well.
A refugium for nutrient export is not always a great success and depends a lot about the later decisions on livestock and quantities and even skimmer.
Still, as long as you keep the space available, you can later still see to convert the refugium into a frag tank or other way around.

Thank you so much for your input Janci ! So I have two votes for the frag/fuge option . I am still not yet totally decided on live stock . But my Skimmer on the other hand is decided , a Tunze 9410 , and I am thinking I may buy the DC pump upgrade a little later but I am going to start with this skimmer and from there see how it performs and does. I have thought a lot about just having the baffle in place for either fuge or Frag section . So I may go that route ;)

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I went with typical sump- socks, skimmer, large fuge and return chamber. Don't have enough experience one way or the other, lol but figured this set up has been working for a lot of people.

Good Luck on NCLEX. I will be thinking of you on the second. The advice I give everybody is there WILL be something you don't know don't panic! Take a deep breath and look at each option and eliminate using what you know. If still unsure Safety first or what will kill the patient first. Sorry to hijack but I know how nerve wrecking the NCLEX is!

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I went with typical sump- socks, skimmer, large fuge and return chamber. Don't have enough experience one way or the other, lol but figured this set up has been working for a lot of people.

Good Luck on NCLEX. I will be thinking of you on the second. The advice I give everybody is there WILL be something you don't know don't panic! Take a deep breath and look at each option and eliminate using what you know. If still unsure Safety first or what will kill the patient first. Sorry to hijack but I know how nerve wrecking the NCLEX is!

Thank you very much cycled123 , for letting me know what you choose for your System. Right now I am really leaning toward doing the fuge/Frag section in my sump design !

Thank you for friendly tips about the NCLEX , my nerves as starting to get to me I feel . Every now and then I feel I need to take deep breaths and relax, just to help me relax for it and not get all worked up. I know on the NCLEX safety usually always trumps everything .. so I think it’s a good fall back .. thank you again !

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to write and wish everyone on my page and Reef 2 Reef a happy New Years 2018 !!!

2fc5f548359f1c4f44fb2df86cc0c0ed.png

Let’s all wish to a better year for Reef Keeping for all of us , and for this hobby to grow more and more. I wish all of you and your families , and your Fish and Coral a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody (R2R) I hope you all are having a great start to a new and great 2018! So as you all know I started off this new year by taking my NCLEX Exam / State Nursing Exam on the 2nd of January!

I have the news and now it has come in after lots of studying , in prep for the exam through tons of ups and downs of nursing school and being a full time father / stay home dad I am officially done with my LVN program. After 4 hours of testing and answering 220 questions later the results are in with a official PASS on my PN-NCLEX !

I am officially a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State or Texas ...

8221482ccbd647f1f6d0d6db9faade2f.jpg

I will start looking for Jobs in this new week to come , so please wish me all the best of luck durning Job hunts !

Thank you all so much (R2R) for being a outlet for me this last year or so to help me escape a few of my nursing school stress , by allowing me to be a part of this great Reefing community!

I am looking forward to what the future my build still has to come and see the progress of my build and the progress of all your builds in this new year!

Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement on this Embarking of my Journey!

Sorry for the little longer post then what I originally thought I was going to post . Thank you again for reading my post!

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody (R2R) I hope you all are having a great start to a new and great 2018! So as you all know I started off this new year by taking my NCLEX Exam / State Nursing Exam on the 2nd of January!

I have the news and now it has come in after lots of studying , in prep for the exam through tons of ups and downs of nursing school and being a full time father / stay home dad I am officially done with my LVN program. After 4 hours of testing and answering 220 questions later the results are in with a official PASS on my PN-NCLEX !

I am officially a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State or Texas ...

I will start looking for Jobs in this new week to come , so please wish me all the best of luck durning Job hunts !

Thank you all so much (R2R) for being a outlet for me this last year or so to help me escape a few of my nursing school stress , by allowing me to be a part of this great Reefing community!

CONGRATS!!!!! And good luck on the job hunt! I know how hard the journey to become a nurse is. Now you just have to survive the first year in nursing lol! It's actually not that bad and you don't have to go home and study afterwords ;)

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONGRATS!!!!! And good luck on the job hunt! I know how hard the journey to become a nurse is. Now you just have to survive the first year in nursing lol! It's actually not that bad and you don't have to go home and study afterwords ;)

Thank you so so much @cycled123 ! I am looking forward to having to study right when I get home from my future job. But I still plan on going back to school for my RN with in a 1yr or so lol . But I’ll get there when I get there ! Thank you again cycled123 for the luck!

D805

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!!! Enjoying your build thread. What were the size of the shelf brackets you used?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats Clayton!!

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to let you all know that I was finally able to get a Job to start working as a on call nurse they call and I go in ! It’s my firstNursing job and I am excited.. so the build has been on a slow stop while I was getting trained and used to everything with the new job.

Right now I am actually leaning on buying a new sump verse building one. Mostly due to the fact that my life may be getting a little busier now that I am starting to work. I have a few in mind and I’ll keep you all posted .

Thank you for being patient with me so much throughout this build process..

Happy Reefing to all of you ... sorry there is no pictures

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back