OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have cleaned almost al! The bubble algae along with some red tough algae and I see them eating GHA. Win, win

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly true, which is a shame because I'd love to have a clown trigger. I have considered adding a blue throat though.
Terrified to own one. Tang gang here and well hear triggers aren’t that friendly to them or the shrimp lol

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We know lol. That’s the point, if a emerald is going to go x reef safe. Instead of chase it down, something will do it for us.
I don't get the point here? If one thing isn't reef safe then why add something else that's even worse for a reef to get rid of it? To each his own though.

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get the point here? If one thing isn't reef safe then why add something else that's even worse for a reef to get rid of it? To each his own though.
Reef safe is subjective. Tangs also eat euphyllia yet I have them. Clowns kill torches yet I have them. To much flow can damage stuff yet push 20k gph in my tank. Without proper filtration or constant testing your tank will fail yet only run a ball of macro and never test. One persons experience is not indicative of the experience I will have.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef safe is subjective. Tangs also eat euphyllia yet I have them. Clowns kill torches yet I have them. To much flow can damage stuff yet push 20k gph in my tank. Without proper filtration or constant testing your tank will fail yet only run a ball of macro and never test. One persons experience is not indicative of the experience I will have.
Reef safe is not subjective. You're just choosing to do things different. Which is fine. It's not my way of doing things. Which is also fine. Good luck. Like I said. To each his own.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one molt in my montipora today. Interesting to say the least. I thought he was dead.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
bought 2 female emeralds for my 40B. currently dealing with bryopsis and GHA. they went MIA first day, next day they’re out and about like if they were the only inverts in the tank. they love the algae!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tough wiry red algae that was really hard to remove. They did it.
Yeah I see them on my acros from time to time. And they do no harm.
I watch them eat. You can't see what they're eating but they are busy.
It takes them many bites to eat one piece of bubble algae. Before you know it the bubble algae is gone. Win win for me.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back