Emergency coral dip

  • Thread starter Thread starter EvanDeVita
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EvanDeVita

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2020
Messages
903
Reaction score
499
Location
Norwalk, Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I’m getting some sps corals in tomorrow, and I have run out of dip. Dip is coming in on friday, so I was wondering if there is any other way to dip corals? Can I use any household chemicals?
 
Bayer Insect Killer is what I use as second dip (Coral RX first). That should be in a hardware/garden store near you. Plenty of forum posts on how to use it.
 
Also, you could put them in water in a big bucket or spare aquarium with a heater and pump and they should be fine for a couple days. I'd probably do that before adding un dipped corals to my tank. Not big on quarantine, but dipping for pests is required.
 
Bayer Insect Killer is what I use as second dip (Coral RX first). That should be in a hardware/garden store near you. Plenty of forum posts on how to use it.
Ok thank god. Thanks so much!!!! Btw, I heard it was best not to dip acropora the day you get them-would it be bad to leave them in my DT for 2 days?
 
Also, you could put them in water in a big bucket or spare aquarium with a heater and pump and they should be fine for a couple days. I'd probably do that before adding un dipped corals to my tank. Not big on quarantine, but dipping for pests is required.
I’ll do this instead. I’ve got an aerator and I’ll pick up a heater ASAP. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new