Emergency coral dip

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I’m getting some sps corals in tomorrow, and I have run out of dip. Dip is coming in on friday, so I was wondering if there is any other way to dip corals? Can I use any household chemicals?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you could put them in water in a big bucket or spare aquarium with a heater and pump and they should be fine for a couple days. I'd probably do that before adding un dipped corals to my tank. Not big on quarantine, but dipping for pests is required.

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer Insect Killer is what I use as second dip (Coral RX first). That should be in a hardware/garden store near you. Plenty of forum posts on how to use it.
Ok thank god. Thanks so much!!!! Btw, I heard it was best not to dip acropora the day you get them-would it be bad to leave them in my DT for 2 days?

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you could put them in water in a big bucket or spare aquarium with a heater and pump and they should be fine for a couple days. I'd probably do that before adding un dipped corals to my tank. Not big on quarantine, but dipping for pests is required.
I’ll do this instead. I’ve got an aerator and I’ll pick up a heater ASAP. Thanks!

Back