Emergency! No power since 1am!

rvamarcel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I use to keep the tank temperature up? I don’t have a generator and everything inside my house runs on electricity. I have the water heater and pumps connected to my car outside, but I need my car to run errands.

Are there any battery operated water heaters that can be bought locally? Is there such a thing?

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not be the ideal situation but you could always go to Walmart and buy a vehicle jump start battery that has a 110 outlet on it. I have one that I keep in my truck, and used it one day for my powerheads when I lost power for a few hours. You could also buy a car battery and converter. These are not the most ideal, but it’s something to get you by in a pinch

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not be the ideal situation but you could always go to Walmart and buy a vehicle jump start battery that has a 110 outlet on it. I have one that I keep in my truck, and used it one day for my powerheads when I lost power for a few hours. You could also buy a car battery and converter. These are not the most ideal, but it’s something to get you by in a pinch

Yes both good options as above at the point you are in now. Car battery with inverter or buy one of those big 3 in one jump start rigs they have with 110 outlets on it. They sell them in the tire section store at Walmart.

OP
OP
rvamarcel

rvamarcel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks for the answers! Is there a way to estimate the autonomy of one of those to run a heater and a pump?

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes both good options as above at the point you are in now. Car battery with inverter or buy one of those big 3 in one jump start rigs they have with 110 outlets on it. They sell them in the tire section store at Walmart.

The big three in one jumpstart rig is exactly what I have, it will be enough to power your powerheads and heater for a little while. I was able to run a small powerhead and a 500 W heater for almost 24 hours off of this. This is the exact one I have that I bought at Walmart

F62AB14E-2C21-49CC-A08B-11E05FEB7A00.jpeg

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also sounds like your using extension cords. If they are long enough keep the jumstart rig inside your car with the car running and the cigarette lighter recharge cable plugged into you running car that comes with the jumpstart rig. That way your charging at the same time.

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sucks man.... i went through exactly the opposite in florida with hurricanes....

i wish i could offer some advice but i think the jump start box is going to be your best bet....

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back