Encountering problems programming DIY toggle box

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have read numerous threads and attempted to program a couple of simple tasks, feed mode & skimmer on, but I cannot get the Apex to register the switches changing state.

I created my own toggle box and verified the pinouts are identical to the Apex breakout box. I tested the resistance across the ground and individual pins of the DIN cable entering the Apex and each measured 0 ohms. I do not believe this is an assembly issue but rather a programming error. I initially tried programming the first switch (base_I1) as FeedSW and tested it out by throwing the switch and watching for a state change on Fusion, no change was observed. This is the same for all of the switches.

I went back and plugged in an Apex breakout box to the Apex and plugged a switch into the ground and SW1 ports and again tested for a state change, again nothing.

The hardware factor I believe to be solid but the programming aspect I think is where I'm screwing things up. Any help would be appreciated.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind there’s a delay of between 30-60 seconds when looking at the Fusion dashboard. A better way to test is to plug in a simple desk lamp or other light to an unused output, and program it to turn on when the switch is closed:

Set OFF
If FeedSW CLOSED Then ON

The Apex should respond to the switch within 1 second and turn on the light. The Fusion dashboard won’t show the change unless the switch is held for 30-60 seconds until it refreshes the dashboard.

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SuncrestReef,

I did not know the delay was that substantial. I assumed it was 5-15 seconds. I will retest and wait a least 60 seconds. Do you happen to know what the purpose of the delay is? I thought the input was read by the Apex instantly and would follow the programming shortly after. I can understand the delay in showing up in Fusion but I would think the operations and logic onboard the Apex would act accordingly.

Retested: The input is working as designed, changing the state of the assigned outlet almost instantaneously. It does take approximately 60 seconds to show up on Fusion. I'm not sure why it was not triggering the assigned device prior but it is working so all is well.

Thanks for the help

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 69 74.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back