Encrusting coral ID

BristleWormHater

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
5,146
Reaction score
7,839
Location
Roswell, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this from SBB Corals, and I'm not sure what coral this is. On the website all their encrusting corals are just called encrusting corals. I'm sure the real name is on the site somewhere, but I feel like making this post will be faster.
Acan-96-449x600.jpg
 
How should I care for it? (food, lighting, placement, etc.)
Dipsastraea can be found in various environments, from intertidal rubble-beds to reef walls ~70ft deep, so they can be kept in various conditions. The main key to keeping these (and basically any other coral) is consistency. When moving them to a place with different conditions (flow, lighting, params), remember to acclimate them.
 
Dipsastraea can be found in various environments, from intertidal rubble-beds to reef walls ~70ft deep, so they can be kept in various conditions. The main key to keeping these (and basically any other coral) is consistency. When moving them to a place with different conditions (flow, lighting, params), remember to acclimate them.
Do they have long sweeper tenticles?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new