niklas.baastrup

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
New to reefing here.

So this might seems like a silly question, but how does one know if a fra contains a plating or an encrusting montipora?
When looking at online vendors most are named montipora sp. And then something like superman or another popular name.

Best regards

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many sites will list a plateing montipora as a cap . Not always so you have to research each and every named montipora.
a good one to start with isthe Sunset montipora ( encrusting ) but maybe the most forgiving montie there is , and a very beautiful orange with green polyps.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A random thought about montipora. Give frags away to friends! I gave away a decent frag of sunset montipora. Then later I lost my colony and many other corals from a move . And 2 weeks ago he gave me a frag from the frag I gave to him . This is cool . I gave him a red cap and a spongodes. In return.

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A random thought about montipora. Give frags away to friends! I gave away a decent frag of sunset montipora. Then later I lost my colony and many other corals from a move . And 2 weeks ago he gave me a frag from the frag I gave to him . This is cool . I gave him a red cap and a spongodes. In return.
I really need to make some local reefing friends...would love to be able to do this with all sorts of corals.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back