encrusting vs. plating montipora

niklas.baastrup

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
New to reefing here.

So this might seems like a silly question, but how does one know if a fra contains a plating or an encrusting montipora?
When looking at online vendors most are named montipora sp. And then something like superman or another popular name.

Best regards
 
Many sites will list a plateing montipora as a cap . Not always so you have to research each and every named montipora.
a good one to start with isthe Sunset montipora ( encrusting ) but maybe the most forgiving montie there is , and a very beautiful orange with green polyps.
 
A random thought about montipora. Give frags away to friends! I gave away a decent frag of sunset montipora. Then later I lost my colony and many other corals from a move . And 2 weeks ago he gave me a frag from the frag I gave to him . This is cool . I gave him a red cap and a spongodes. In return.
 
A random thought about montipora. Give frags away to friends! I gave away a decent frag of sunset montipora. Then later I lost my colony and many other corals from a move . And 2 weeks ago he gave me a frag from the frag I gave to him . This is cool . I gave him a red cap and a spongodes. In return.
I really need to make some local reefing friends...would love to be able to do this with all sorts of corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new