OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have upside down loop on top of full siphon and secondary? Helps with start up/air purge on start up if you drill a small hole near top of loops. Emergency gets no loop on top.
The top of full siphon should be completely underwater. Use valve on full siphon to get water level halfway up loop on secondary .
Maybe your full siphon pipe is too hi?

I have it set up with an "off the shelf" Synergy Reef setup.

- Full siphon and Secondary have holes in the top of the "arc/180 degree elbow" (as they come from Synergy)
- Full siphon is completely under water.
- Emergency is just a straight pipe (as suggested by Synergy)
- The top of the Secondary and Emergency are about .5" from the top of the outer overflow box.

I was wrong with my earlier estimate - I'm probably am running approx 900-1000gph right now; super rough estimate. With this set up the water level is about 1.75" from the top of the box. Without increasing flow way up, how do I get the water level higher? (maybe I'm just missing something basic?) If I close the gate valve more I can raise the level, but then it just activates the Secondary?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Modification may be necessary as this unit may clog or cause an unexpected catastrophy under normal use

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, after some discussion with other reefers, I opted to replace the overflow with an EMS overflow.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back