Enough lurking! Time to say hi!

trevorstratton1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all R2R people! My name is Corey and I have been reefing for a little over a year and a half. I have been studying R2R at a constant since I found out about it. I started with a fluval 13.5 and upgraded almost instantly to a 40 breeder with HOB equipment. At the time I was living in Florida but within the next year was making the move to Oklahoma. The apartment In Oklahoma I was moving to had a 20 gallon limit on fish tanks so I went to WWC before I left Florida and purchased a waterbox 20 cube W/ stand. I rehomed the fish I had but decided to take the corals with me on the move over… needless to say the corals didn’t make the trip so I was starting from scratch!

So here we are now 6 months later!!

D61E5672-DC1D-41F5-8ED9-703895EE4F83.jpeg

C66BA772-C665-4E5C-AC67-AF9DF0AF458F.jpeg
4CFB5DA5-EA07-4096-8414-C29285B13B03.jpeg

If anyone knows any good LFS in the OKC area let me know!
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all R2R people! My name is Corey and I have been reefing for a little over a year and a half. I have been studying R2R at a constant since I found out about it. I started with a fluval 13.5 and upgraded almost instantly to a 40 breeder with HOB equipment. At the time I was living in Florida but within the next year was making the move to Oklahoma. The apartment In Oklahoma I was moving to had a 20 gallon limit on fish tanks so I went to WWC before I left Florida and purchased a waterbox 20 cube W/ stand. I rehomed the fish I had but decided to take the corals with me on the move over… needless to say the corals didn’t make the trip so I was starting from scratch!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Aquashella Dallas is August 6-7 so come on down south this summer!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Regalcinema

Regalcinema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Aquashella Dallas is August 6-7 so come on down south this summer!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Hey thanks for the heads up!!! I had no clue. I have never been to Dallas and its only 2.5 hours away from where I live! So that will be exciting, going to aquashella and getting to explore a new area. Ah yes the build threat that is the next step! This hobby is so addicting I can’t wait to see where it takes me next! Thanks for the link I’ll check it out!

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome. Looks like you're off to a good start.

FragFarm

Frag Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey there! I just love the Waterbox look! We're a small business out of NY that ships nationwide! Check out fragfarmcoral.com and email us at [email protected] for a discount code! Best of luck in the hobby and welcome to R2R!!

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the area!

Aquariums in Edmond is the best. Doesn’t look like much but the staff and the especially the owner Leigh is highly knowledgeable, completely trustworthy, and are 100% in it for the passion not the money. She’ll also QT fish for you.

Prestige is flashy, and they have super cool stuff, but if you walk in with a thousand dollars they’ll happily sell you a thousand dollars of stuff. Be armed with your own discretion before entering.

OP
OP
Regalcinema

Regalcinema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the area!

Aquariums in Edmond is the best. Doesn’t look like much but the staff and the especially the owner Leigh is highly knowledgeable, completely trustworthy, and are 100% in it for the passion not the money. She’ll also QT fish for you.

Prestige is flashy, and they have super cool stuff, but if you walk in with a thousand dollars they’ll happily sell you a thousand dollars of stuff. Be armed with your own discretion before entering.
Hey thanks for the heads up! I actually live in Edmond. I haven’t been to the aquarium store in Edmond but I have gone to prestige in Bethany I totally see what you mean when it comes to them. You can walk out spending an arm and a leg! But I didn’t know that about the first store! I will definitely have to check them out! I just googled them. They are a lot closer than going to prestige just for RODI!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back