Equipment checklist options review

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am slowly working on collecting all the equipment I need for my next build. It's going to be an IM 25 lagoon with the back box filter section removed and an external overflow put in its place and have all the filtration done by a sump in the stand. The goal is to have a couple burmees, ie minimalistic aquascape, with SPS only in tank, my first foray into the stonies. My mind envisions a montipora themed set-up, but time will tell on that.
For the overflow I have a Xaqua in-out which I am really looking forward to using. Skimmer will be a tunze 9410 dc, these things are not super fancy, but they work and are quiet! In tank flow for now will be MP10 wqd as I don't like cables in the tank.
Lighting I am a bit stuck between gen 4 xr15 pro's with diffusers or the new kessil 360x. Both have pro's and con's that I like about each, but still not able to make a decision. (I thought I had, but I've seen the 360x's in person lately and they are pretty shimmertastic)
For the return pump, I am leaning towards the S1 from ecotech, but the reviews and comments are making me hesitant. I am not sure of what alternative would be worth it, silence here is the key.

Any one have thoughts on the equipment list or suggestions to help me decide on the areas in question?

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am slowly working on collecting all the equipment I need for my next build. It's going to be an IM 25 lagoon with the back box filter section removed and an external overflow put in its place and have all the filtration done by a sump in the stand. The goal is to have a couple burmees, ie minimalistic aquascape, with SPS only in tank, my first foray into the stonies. My mind envisions a montipora themed set-up, but time will tell on that.
For the overflow I have a Xaqua in-out which I am really looking forward to using. Skimmer will be a tunze 9410 dc, these things are not super fancy, but they work and are quiet! In tank flow for now will be MP10 wqd as I don't like cables in the tank.
Lighting I am a bit stuck between gen 4 xr15 pro's with diffusers or the new kessil 360x. Both have pro's and con's that I like about each, but still not able to make a decision. (I thought I had, but I've seen the 360x's in person lately and they are pretty shimmertastic)
For the return pump, I am leaning towards the S1 from ecotech, but the reviews and comments are making me hesitant. I am not sure of what alternative would be worth it, silence here is the key.

Any one have thoughts on the equipment list or suggestions to help me decide on the areas in question?
The new kessil sounds like a great light. I have the hydra 26 and i have no complaints. I have seen radions and they definitely have better coloring but it wasn’t enough to compensate for the price.

OP
OP
MRRBW

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new kessil sounds like a great light. I have the hydra 26 and i have no complaints. I have seen radions and they definitely have better coloring but it wasn’t enough to compensate for the price.

I agree that the AI lights are nice too, but in the end I want to buy once and not look back and regret the purchase. My existing tank has been a bit of an experiment over the last 20 years buying budget friendly versus quality and as time went forward I replaced equipment with higher end products. The differences are remarkable. Now that the price issue is less important, I just want to buy once and that's it. It's tough making the decision as to what direction to go though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back