Erase Previous Owners Apex Presets

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefguy13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefguy13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Messages
637
Reaction score
229
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this has been discussed at nauseum on this site but I bought a used apex got everything hooked up and there must be 50 presets in my apex fusion from it. How do I get this to just go back to the out of the box settings. I have tried factory resetting twice now and still doesnt erase it? Thoughts?
 
The procedure depends on which model of Apex you have:

  • For a Apex Classic, do an Initialize All of the Apex using the classic web pages (Configuration->Misc Setup page-Initialize memory->Initialize All) or through the display module menu system (System->Init Memory->Init All).

  • For an Apex or Apex EL, reset it by pressing the reset button behind the face-plate of the Apex base unit with a paper clip or other suitable implement, and holding the button depressed until the status LED turns red or for 40 seconds (whichever comes first.)
Source: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?7399-Transfering-an-Apex-To-or-From-Someone-Else
 
Thanks I have the apex wifi and i tried the paperclip reset twice now and still nothing
 
Thanks I have the apex wifi and i tried the paperclip reset twice now and still nothing
Did you hold reset button down for at least 1/2 minute?
 
Yes for about a minute actually the lights turned red and everything
 
I think problem solved. I think I'm just stupid and assumed the presets were the previous owner but I think it's just the way apex names things ha. Thanks everyone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new