Erase Previous Owners Apex Presets

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this has been discussed at nauseum on this site but I bought a used apex got everything hooked up and there must be 50 presets in my apex fusion from it. How do I get this to just go back to the out of the box settings. I have tried factory resetting twice now and still doesnt erase it? Thoughts?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The procedure depends on which model of Apex you have:

• For a Apex Classic, do an Initialize All of the Apex using the classic web pages (Configuration->Misc Setup page-Initialize memory->Initialize All) or through the display module menu system (System->Init Memory->Init All).

• For an Apex or Apex EL, reset it by pressing the reset button behind the face-plate of the Apex base unit with a paper clip or other suitable implement, and holding the button depressed until the status LED turns red or for 40 seconds (whichever comes first.)
Source: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?7399-Transfering-an-Apex-To-or-From-Someone-Else

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks I have the apex wifi and i tried the paperclip reset twice now and still nothing
Did you hold reset button down for at least 1/2 minute?

OP
OP
R

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think problem solved. I think I'm just stupid and assumed the presets were the previous owner but I think it's just the way apex names things ha. Thanks everyone

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back