Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CJs Aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Im all done with aquascaping. If you go back to the first page you can see what I came up with. Yours looks great btw.
Still new to this forum stuff ahah! just looked yea you def nailed it! Some reaosn I thought that was a diff tank?

ether was ill be following along.. keep doing what you do! and thanks!

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still new to this forum stuff ahah! just looked yea you def nailed it! Some reaosn I thought that was a diff tank?

ether was ill be following along.. keep doing what you do! and thanks!

Haha no problem! Thank you

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not quite sure which plastic was use to print. @TSA is an aquarium store in Orlando so Im sure they used something that was Reef Safe. I will ask them and report back when I get an answer.
oh woops I totally misread that. I thought that was the brand of plastic you used haha. No worries. I just never considered printing parts for the tank so I had all these projects come to mind

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh woops I totally misread that. I thought that was the brand of plastic you used haha. No worries. I just never considered printing parts for the tank so I had all these projects come to mind

Ok just heard back from TSA... Its made out of ABS Plastic. It was tested for 6 months before releasing it to the public and the oldest in use right now it close to two years without any issues.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which plastic did you use to print this? Is it reef safe and doesn't leach into the water? I am intrigued as I have a 3D printer too. Sexy tank by the way, it's the one I'm looking at right now too. I have your fridge too lol
I am designing, developing and testing materials for 3d printing. ABS and PETG are both reef safe materials. It's the pigments that often prove to be toxic.

I have made a handful of parts and items that live in the water and my testing has showed that 2 of the 6 colors I tested were toxic to the snails and shrimp in my test tank.

I've recently switched to a higher quality, US based supplier for material so I have to start my testing over again.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0090.PNG
I ordered the tank and equipment . The LFS talked me into the RO 200SSS elite. He actually had a 150SSS he was using on one of his tanks and demonstrated how to use and maintain it. Tank is going to arrive April 1. I want to order the plumbing a. Would you mind looking over it and seeing if I'm missing anything. I'm ordering the pipe from BRS. thanks
I used spears gray schedule 40 fittings. The biggest difference in bulkiness are the unions. Sch 40 is much better IMO. I ordered from Harrington industrial plastics. You may even have a local office. http://www.hipco.com/

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I borrowed an Apogee PAR meter from a friend to see what the Powermodule is putting out! Well now I know how this fixture gets the nickname of "PAR Monster" :)

Fixture is approximately 12-14" off the surface. T5's are set at 100% and Led's at 75%.

Measurements taken on the sandbed are touching the sand and approximately 3-4" off the front glass. The rest are on different spots on the rock work so not all are the same distance from the front. MP40's were turned off to help with the number fluctuating due to the surface agitation.

Reefer 525XL PAR
by Reefer525XL, on Flickr

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I borrowed an Apogee PAR meter from a friend to see what the Powermodule is putting out! Well now I know how this fixture gets the nickname of "PAR Monster" :)

Fixture is approximately 12-14" off the surface. T5's are set at 100% and Led's at 75%.

Measurements taken on the sandbed are touching the sand and approximately 3-4" off the front glass. The rest are on different spots on the rock work so not all are the same distance from the front. MP40's were turned off to help with the number fluctuating due to the surface agitation.

Reefer 525XL PAR
by Reefer525XL, on Flickr
Serious hot spots under the LED's

T-Bucket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following your progress on facebook pages, didn't know you were on here too, that's awesome! Your setup gets more impressive every time I see it, great work!

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following your progress on facebook pages, didn't know you were on here too, that's awesome! Your setup gets more impressive every time I see it, great work!

Thank you!! and yes Im on most of the main forums :)

bpapo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my tank delivered it's awesome . I'm still waiting on some components but I'm measuring out the manifold . I finally understand the Red Sea connection to the manifold , but when I went to push the fitting into the pipe it was very tight . Is there something special u need to get it in . Also any tips on measuring things out.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my tank delivered it's awesome . I'm still waiting on some components but I'm measuring out the manifold . I finally understand the Red Sea connection to the manifold , but when I went to push the fitting into the pipe it was very tight . Is there something special u need to get it in . Also any tips on measuring things out.

When you pushed the fitting in? What fitting?

bpapo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return fitting with the union. There is an o ring on the connection

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return fitting with the union. There is an o ring on the connection

Oh that one. It's supposed to be tight. That's how it creates a seal. The nut is just to hold it in place.

As for measuring just dry fit everything before gluing and make sure the pipe is fit all the way inside the fittings and mark it with a pencil so when you glue it you know if you went on too much or not enough.

bpapo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of using Jacks Multi-lubricant on it . I didn't want to force it in, its very tight.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back