Eshopps eclipse overflow install help

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bump would others have feedback. The instruction recommendation to me just doesn't make sense doubling up the gaskets on the outside. I am about to setup an eclipse M.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This sounds like the most sensible. Why would the instructions say otherwise. What do you mean "..piece of sponge in the hold" ? What hole?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like the most sensible. Why would the instructions say otherwise. What do you mean "..piece of sponge in the hold" ? What hole?
There is a lid that goes on the outside box, and it has a hole in the center of it. I took a piece of sponge and put it in the hole, otherwise the bubbles and water movement in the outside box will cause alot of salt creep around that hole. The sponge allows air in but keeps the salwater from creeping out, and helps make it more quiet.

OP
OP
J

James Mikell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump would others have feedback. The instruction recommendation to me just doesn't make sense doubling up the gaskets on the outside. I am about to setup an eclipse M.
Whrn i installed my box mine went
Bulkhead>gasket>insidebox>glass>gasket>outsidebox>nut. I did however put a bead of black silicone where the inside box and the glass meet. I had zeo leaks from the very beginning this way.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back