Eshopps Mariner M40 Build

This is super helpful. Thanks for the detailed info. The info about decorative rock’s volume relative to weight is particularly helpful. I probably would have ordered way too much. I’ll likely go for something like 15 pounds+ to have plenty for the display and some for the sump. Gonna do rock and macro in the Fuge section.
 
IMG_9345.jpeg

Just got my lid from Kraken!!! No more worrying about jumpers now.

Paid around $250 for this and it took about a little less than a month to arrive.
 
The Kraken lid looks sick! I was initially going to go with a diy mesh lid, but seeing this, I’m definitely reconsidering.

I’d be curious to know how much top off water you’re burning through. I’m looking at ATO reservoirs and wondering if 5 gallons is enough for 7-8 days. I know evaporation rates vary with conditions, but would be good to hear what your experience has been. Thanks!
 
Update: I've swapped out the MP10's for MP40's. I was dealing with the ceramic shaft constantly breaking and it turns out the M40's glass is too thick for the MP10's to align correctly. Although I'm running the MP40's at 10-20%, I think they are much better suited for the 10mm glass.

Given how much stronger the MP40's are compared to an MP10 (I'm getting the same amount of observable flow at 10% as I did the MP10 at 90%), if you aren't building an SPS dominant tank, I'd argue a single MP40 is more than sufficient for the M40.
 
Well shoot. I’m gonna roll with the dual mp10s I’ve already got for my m40 and hope
for the best. Were you running any spacers?

FWIW at this point, I think you can replace the broken ceramic shafts with heat shrink tubing, and it’s apparently a pretty effective and durable fix.
 
Well shoot. I’m gonna roll with the dual mp10s I’ve already got for my m40 and hope
for the best. Were you running any spacers?

FWIW at this point, I think you can replace the broken ceramic shafts with heat shrink tubing, and it’s apparently a pretty effective and durable fix.
I ran it with no spacers, but I also ran it quite aggressively. Peak was running at 95% reef crest and nutrient transport for over 3 hours daily. That might’ve contributed to it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new