ESV 2-part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
speedstar

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@speedstar and others, I'm working on getting an answer to this for certain from ESV, but I would have to guess that, like others above have said, someone messed up and put the label in the wrong spot. The label you have on the side on the calcium jug looks like the one they usually use on the top, which would then put the fill line about the same place as the alk. They should be diluted to make up the same amount of solution. I'm not aware off them making any changes to the dosing being proportional.

The other part of your question others have answered. Because of how concentrated the alk is, if it gets cold, such as during shipping, the alk can crystallize and form a solid (temporarily). You can add the RO/DI, and then put the whole thing in a sink or bucket of the hottest water you can, and occasionally shake it up to mix. This will eventually dissolve the solids back into solution and you can use as normally without any concern.

Thanks it did dissolve perfect in hot water. Thanks!

They did have labels where the usual labels are on the top saying it was new mixing instructions and to follow new directions. I think I pictured that label above as well.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@speedstar and everyone. Finally got an answer back from ESV. They did confirm that there was a change in bottle suppliers and they changed the tag instructions, but both bottles should still be diluted to the same level. They said one of the bottles must have slipped through with the old instructions and apologized about that. They said that you should ignore the arrows and fill to the top of the tag. If you ran into any issues because of this, please let us know, as ESV has offered to take care of it with a replacement due to the confusion.

OP
OP
speedstar

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@speedstar and everyone. Finally got an answer back from ESV. They did confirm that there was a change in bottle suppliers and they changed the tag instructions, but both bottles should still be diluted to the same level. They said one of the bottles must have slipped through with the old instructions and apologized about that. They said that you should ignore the arrows and fill to the top of the tag. If you ran into any issues because of this, please let us know, as ESV has offered to take care of it with a replacement due to the confusion.
Thanks all set, they replied to my email directly also.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back