Euphillia compatibility

Pico Perfect

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to pack some more euphillia into my tank and make a garden of them. This will require that some will touch, so I have some questions.

i know torch corals will sting other euphillia, but can torches touch other torches?

also, can hammers and frogspawn touch or do they need to be separated as well?

i have a hammer coral that will definitely touch whatever I put in an open space, so I'm wondering what my options are for that space.

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've a question, how can I tell the origin of my euphylia? ie Aussie vs Indo.
Usually Aussie have shorter and fatter tentacles and thicker skeletons. Indos have longer and thinner tentacles. However, they can change the longer they are in your tank. My Aussie gold and joker torch both started with short thick tentacles but have changed in my tank due to light and flow.

If you’re not sure, I’d keep them separate just in case. Some people report that the two kinds don’t get along. I don’t know from experience but I didn’t want to risk finding out.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer and my torch can touch anything in my tank with no issues. This is not the common norm that people see per this forum. I have heard that the more flow you put on them the higher chance they’ll develop sweeper tentacles and that holds with my experience. Mine do send out any sweepers.

Edit: you can see my torch just flops all over whatever it wants on that side with no issues. My hammer is super tiny and may explain its inability to murder anyone
23D9CDBD-D9ED-4FA4-A635-7A4E1548E6E6.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 9.1%
Back