Euphyllia (Torch, Hammer, Frogspawn, Octospawn) - Coral Question

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon AIO system with chiller and very well insulated, 30 lbs KPAquatics live rock, 20 lbs livesand. Tank is cycled and been running temperature at 78F.

I want to get Blue Spot Jawfish and I have read they do a lot better at 72F degrees.

Not a problem, my chiller can maintain that temperature without hesitation, but I want this tank to have nothing but Euphyllia, will thehy do okay at 72F degrees, the whole tank would be brought down for the jawfish, or is this impratical?

Anyone with experience at these temps please chime in.

Thanks,

MG

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon AIO system with chiller and very well insulated, 30 lbs KPAquatics live rock, 20 lbs livesand. Tank is cycled and been running temperature at 78F.

I want to get Blue Spot Jawfish and I have read they do a lot better at 72F degrees.

Not a problem, my chiller can maintain that temperature without hesitation, but I want this tank to have nothing but Euphyllia, will thehy do okay at 72F degrees, the whole tank would be brought down for the jawfish, or is this impratical?

Anyone with experience at these temps please chime in.

Thanks,

MG
I would not do that. Also if you just cycled you should wait a bit before adding coral. Those are tropical corals anyway 77-81 degrees F

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Bluespot, he moved the corals around until he built a suitable environment for himself, typical temps in my system 76.5-79. He did not like frozen mysis, will take the vitalis platinum pellets as well as the vitalis algae pellets. Sorry for the crappy pic, not a photo guy.

BLUESPOT.jpg

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Bluespot, he moved the corals around until he built a suitable environment for himself, typical temps in my system 76.5-79. He did not like frozen mysis, will take the vitalis platinum pellets as well as the vitalis algae pellets. Sorry for the crappy pic, not a photo guy.

BLUESPOT.jpg
Thank you for responding to my thread with pictures of the Blue Dot and your Torches. After reading several responses and including yours, I phoned and spoke to an aquarist from LIve Aquaris. They recommend that you can do a middle ground of setting my aquarium to 74.0 F that would cater to both the fish and corals. However, they said that ideally they are from separate regions and the balance is hard to match perfect temps for each. They recommend I keep my aquarium for the corals and seek other fish similar to yours but more suitable to stay healthy alongside the 78.0 F degrees they like to be in. Just that my LFS has your gorgeous fish and I fell in love again seeing him. But alas, I know I cannot have him and the torches for ideal conditions.

Once again, thanks for your picture illustrating that it is being done in our hobby and looks healthy both coral and fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back