Euro brace cord management

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpatient
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mpatient

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Messages
256
Reaction score
505
Location
Nashville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a custom 90 gallon which is Euro braced. It did not even occur to me when I ordered that the brace would impede the cords to my wave makers. Hindsight is 20/20, and the next tank I get will have no brace or a hole drilled.

With that being said, for those in the same situation, what did you to remedy the cord having to go over and up and then over the brace to get to an outlet?

I would like to drill a 3/4 hole in the euro brace, but I not sure if that will cause issues with the integrity of the tank.
 
Just got a custom 90 gallon which is Euro braced. It did not even occur to me when I ordered that the brace would impede the cords to my wave makers. Hindsight is 20/20, and the next tank I get will have no brace or a hole drilled.

With that being said, for those in the same situation, what did you to remedy the cord having to go over and up and then over the brace to get to an outlet?

I would like to drill a 3/4 hole in the euro brace, but I not sure if that will cause issues with the integrity of the tank.

I wouldn't drill the euro brace for fear of it cracking. It's there to suport the walls of the tank.
 
try rubber bushing
 
or split piece vinyl hose slide on brace just to break contact,also make sure you have ground probe
 
Thanks, I am not thrilled with the thought of drilling either. Would love to see what others have done. The obvious solution is MP40s, but the pricing is absurd IMO.
 
mp's
 
Bump, how do people run power heads with eurobracing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new