Euroquatics E5 bulbs, anybody with experience.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone started using these bulbs? Have researched them and am planning to go with these as I change bulbs. Great idea/concept, love to hear any reviews.

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These type of bulbs have existed for years in the hydroponics sector. They sucked. You can buy enough ATI bulbs for 3 years for the price of one of these. And there is no way on earth they are pushing out the same PAR as an ATI Blue+ on a Sunpower.

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they are shipping them yet. Last month I placed an order on a couple of blues but I am still waiting...

OP
OP
buzzword

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Gus your just speculating and have not actually used them, correct? I would like to hear some factual experience from someone who has used them, maybe gotten a PAR reading off of them first before reaching any conclusions.
Thanks for the input though.

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Gus your just speculating and have not actually used them, correct? I would like to hear some factual experience from someone who has used them, maybe gotten a PAR reading off of them first before reaching any conclusions.
Thanks for the input though.
I'm not speculating anything. I saw them at rap and based on the number of diodes that they use compared to the power consumption one can easily do the math. LEDs are not some magical technology no matter what manufacturers try to tell you. They still have to abide by the laws of physics.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody get these yet?
They seem to have sold out pretty fast. I'm hoping to get a couple when the next shipment comes in but would like to know what others think so far.

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is some truth and some misunderstandings here.

Otherwise - check out our FB page and even this forum for some great pictures and stories of very happy E5 customers, they are posting!

1) there IS differences in LEDs, in our case they are not off the shelf white LEDs, we apply a custom blended phosphor using patented processes from our partner company... We tune our LEDs for Aqua, we don't mix and match colors! Mixing is not as accurate spectrually!

P.S. The number of LEDs isn't a relevant metric either. What matters is total wattage and density of LEDs. We have a configuration (in the 4' lamp) that gives 30 watts of LED output over the length of he lamp.

2) While similar lamps have been around they didn't run at our wattages and/or we're not drop in replacements, that is a big difference. If you took the "old" versions you're right, not enough output to do the job!

3) (and here's where we'll sound like a broken record...)

If you don't look at spectrum PAR means nothing!!!!! T5 lamps typical have a HUGE green spike from how they do poshpors. That puts a lot of the PAR value in a region of light that coral need very little of. What you really need is a spectrum that is more complete, to give all regions more natural light.

NOTE: our E5 Lamps (the white ones) all give off different levels of full spectrum and then we spike in the blue region for the extra crispness and to better provide the blue heave light that coral use. -it's not always as visual as people think to the human eye, it's about the science of the light!

4) replacing lamps... You will get very large ups and downs replacing T5 lamps every 6-12 months. The E5 will be a VERY consistent output over the 5-8 years and you'll not have the large shocking lamp changing events that many people (not all) complain about.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back