Ever been bitten?

alanbetiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In college had a Clown Trigger that was about 8 inches long. After a few beers roomates and I made up "The Trigger Club". You'd put a cube of food in the tank and wiggle a finger in the water up to the second knuckle for 30 seconds. If you pulled out your finger before, the clock restarts. Alcohol is a wonderful thing. Everyone who mooched a beer that came over was required to join the club.

ou12004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Zebra eel likes to check out my fingers just about every time I put my hand in the tank. I usually grab her tail and she leaves me alone but it is a little unnerving to have a eel taste your fingers. The funny thing is that she can smell me and will not come out if other people are trying to feed her.

Todd A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our office DT's female clown is like a piranha every time someone sticks an arm in the tank. But after a lifetime of keeping reptiles & other exotics, and being bit more than a few times, the worst part is always banging my elbow on the glass or wall trying jerk my hand out of the way.
Happens every time.

MrD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a yellow tang that would slash me with its scalpel. It was frightening to do anything in the tank because of how aggressive he was. If you took your eyes off him for a second he would attack and leave some serious gashes. I was so happy the day I finally caught him and promptly gave him away with fair warning.

terrell wohlrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns do not like ANYTHING in the water they will bite litterally anything. And have drawn blood on me a few times cleaning the tank

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of matted filefish that will bite my fingers when I forget and put them in the tank when feeding. They have sharp teeth that hurt.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back