Everything Noopsyche Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manose ok! finally got this thing working on the automatic mode. dialing in specific percentages now as I am seeing some coral bleaching over the 17g. Thanks for all of your assistance
Well this makes me happy that you got it working:) I am still working on a professional video for this but my time has been limited.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol- hey if they can have bluetooth in that, why can't they bluetooth for the lights?! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller does talk to the light bluetooth. It's just making an app. My coral box light had a app, it is called aqua LED with a tang on the display. Any more talk of anybody considering hacking one out? I'd be one of the willing to pay for it people. A old screenshot of the aqua app
Screenshot_20190406-100438_Aqua LED.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller does talk to the light bluetooth. It's just making an app. My coral box light had a app, it is called aqua LED with a tang on the display. Any more talk of anybody considering hacking one out? I'd be one of the willing to pay for it people. A old screenshot of the aqua app
Screenshot_20190406-100438_Aqua LED.jpg
In my opinion the only thing separating @noopsyche from being one of the best lights out there is the lack of a proper phone app control.
I have talked with @noopsyche and to me it seems like they only care about their ugly controller and not interested in any kind of app no matter how much more sales they would get if they had a proper phone app.
Please do not misunderstand me here as I love the light just not the controller.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you Matt. I really appreciate your help when I got my lights and have trouble to work with the controller but once you get it linked everything works perfect. I love this lights but a phone app control will generate a huge sales making the programming more simple and easy.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's one thing to have a controller and no app. It's another thing to have a super wonky, corded, controller with a cheapo dial that barely works and a useless battery. If they had a decent quality remote that had either a rechargeable or replaceable battery that lasted more than one day, I wouldn't mind too much about the lack of an APP.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's one thing to have a controller and no app. It's another thing to have a super wonky, corded, controller with a cheapo dial that barely works and a useless battery. If they had a decent quality remote that had either a rechargeable or replaceable battery that lasted more than one day, I wouldn't mind too much about the lack of an APP.

Agree. If the controller is using the Bluetooth technology to setup the lights, I think that making an app would not be hard to make but of course, probably the price of the lights will raise dramatically. Would be great if a computer/phone app wizard member here :D take the challenge to make an app for this lights.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the light also. That app for the coral box light has 24 set points also, plus a thunderstorm to entertain guests. The guy that made the aqua led app is in the following pic. Looks like he made the coral box auto doser app too. If he is for hire, then he already has the hard work done. They should locate him and get a price.
Screenshot_20190416-135936_Chrome.jpg

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done with an hour and 45 minute drive. Of all the things I could've been thinking about getting tractor filters to start a new season, was a app for a light that shows promise. Come on, to even get a pic of my tank to post, I go to the controller, enter into manual mode to turn up the whites so it's not all smurfetted out, then get back to automatic for my AB+ X 0.67 to maintain. I really don't appreciate the fact noop thinks that's all there is? I guess I'm done promoting for them. I only own 2. But the clunky mount it comes with didn't work for my tank, the external overflow is in the middle, so a kessil "A" mount saves the day for $75. So many great quotes from outlaw josey wales, this is one from the Indian. "Set the table noopsyche, hell is coming for breakfast". But I've lost interest in what the lights could've been. To be that blind and think they have a chance,? Open your eyes! The hybrid guys want an app also, it is that simple, rant over.

Edit; sorry I messed it up. It is:
"Get ready little lady, hell is coming to breakfast".

Last edited:

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe once the hype wears off, and sales slow down they’ll add one. Will probably take a significant sales slump or something to motivate them as clearly customer feedback is not important enough.

Nano1908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done with an hour and 45 minute drive. Of all the things I could've been thinking about getting tractor filters to start a new season, was a app for a light that shows promise. Come on, to even get a pic of my tank to post, I go to the controller, enter into manual mode to turn up the whites so it's not all smurfetted out, then get back to automatic for my AB+ X 0.67 to maintain. I really don't appreciate the fact noop thinks that's all there is? I guess I'm done promoting for them. I only own 2. But the clunky mount it comes with didn't work for my tank, the external overflow is in the middle, so a kessil "A" mount saves the day for $75. So many great quotes from outlaw josey wales, this is one from the Indian. "Set the table noopsyche, hell is coming for breakfast". But I've lost interest in what the lights could've been. To be that blind and think they have a chance,? Open your eyes! The hybrid guys want an app also, it is that simple, rant over.

Edit; sorry I messed it up. It is:
"Get ready little lady, hell is coming to breakfast".
@noopsyche

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theoretically you could sniff out the Bluetooth packets with like Wireshark and see what gets changed and how the values are set. I might save up and get one for testing. The ones on my tank are needed lol.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a little research it's possible but you need a Bluetooth sniffer. I can pick up the lights with nrf connect on my Android but I'm not sure if it can capture traffic between master and slave devices.

alfani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of getting these light for my tank but I'm hearing all these issues with controller. There seem to be 7 time points on the controller, so the question I have is if those 7 time points can be change, like I would like to start first point at 2pm and then using the rest of the time slots to slowly increase and decrease the light intensity and my tank goes dark at 11pm on the 6th point then 7th to be use as moon light until 1am before it goes completely dark and next days starts up at 2pm again. is this possible

alfani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
something like this setting

1 1am all off
2 2pm only blue at 20%
3 3pm blue at 40%, white at 5%
4 3:30pm blue at 60%, white at 20%
5 7pm blue at 40%
6 10pm blue at 20%
7 11pm blue at 1%

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I'll try a 1% blue on my single light tonight. I don't do a moonlight, but in one of the posts, it was stated as pretty strong for a moon setting. When you get used to the controller, it does work. Play with it enough and it's semi painless to make adjustments and transmit to the light. A quick press to scroll around, turn the knob slowly for percentage, long press to backup to the previous page.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah
Yep. I'll try a 1% blue on my single light tonight. I don't do a moonlight, but in one of the posts, it was stated as pretty strong for a moon setting. When you get used to the controller, it does work. Play with it enough and it's semi painless to make adjustments and transmit to the light. A quick press to scroll around, turn the knob slowly for percentage, long press to backup to the previous page.
I will say the controller is nice enough especially for the price point of these lights. There is just a small learning curve but what piece of tech nowadays doesn't need some sort of tinkering to get the hang of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche
These lights for the price point are the best lights out there and with a proper inexpensive app could compete with any light regardless of price.
Regardless of what happens I am happy as can be with my lights and will recommend them over most options.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back