Everything Noopsyche Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alfani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the 7 time slots adjustable, mean can i change to default time setting on the controller?

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt because of the language barrier @noopsyche did not understand it :(
I would like to point out that @noopsyche really does not care about an app in any way shape or form. I have asked them many times and they say the same thing about an app, which is very sad that seemingly smart people would not want to better their product and sell more.
These lights for the price point are the best lights out there and with a proper inexpensive app could compete with any light regardless of price.
It is going to be up to you guys to make this happen and either make @noopsyche see the "light" and make an app or a hobbyist to do it.
Regardless of what happens I am happy as can be with my lights and will recommend them over most options.
I get that they probably don't want an app so they can make their money on controllers but they would sell a lot more lights with an app than with the controller. Eventually someone will reverse engineer their API and sell the app themselves.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking of getting these light for my tank but I'm hearing all these issues with controller. There seem to be 7 time points on the controller, so the question I have is if those 7 time points can be change, like I would like to start first point at 2pm and then using the rest of the time slots to slowly increase and decrease the light intensity and my tank goes dark at 11pm on the 6th point then 7th to be use as moon light until 1am before it goes completely dark and next days starts up at 2pm again. is this possible
Can you please tell me the time you want it turn on/off the light.
I'm thinking of getting these light for my tank but I'm hearing all these issues with controller. There seem to be 7 time points on the controller, so the question I have is if those 7 time points can be change, like I would like to start first point at 2pm and then using the rest of the time slots to slowly increase and decrease the light intensity and my tank goes dark at 11pm on the 6th point then 7th to be use as moon light until 1am before it goes completely dark and next days starts up at 2pm again. is this possible
So you want to turn on from 2pm and turn off at 11pm? Your sechudle show that start from 1am 0% gradual change to 2pm 20%.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 5 lights and set two up in place of my WiFi 165w blackboxes. I definitely like the ramping better. I can change the visual spectrum over a wider range. They are noticeably brighter. The controller absolutely SUCKS Noopsyche will lose the chance at a good name over it, I guarantee it. They are VERY stubborn about insisting on the use of a controller instead of an app. An app would make this light a no brainer. As it is I would only recommend it to friends that I know are a little technically savvy.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 5 lights and set two up in place of my WiFi 165w blackboxes. I definitely like the ramping better. I can change the visual spectrum over a wider range. They are noticeably brighter. The controller absolutely SUCKS Noopsyche will lose the chance at a good name over it, I guarantee it. They are VERY stubborn about insisting on the use of a controller instead of an app. An app would make this light a no brainer. As it is I would only recommend it to friends that I know are a little technically savvy.
I feel you my guy, the controller sucks. They could release their API and let software devs make an unofficial app. Losing $60 on a controller sale is better than losing $160 per light that someone doesn't buy. To really compete with today's market an app is necessary and it make @noopsyche a flagship killer.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone with the knowledge tell me how hard an app would be to create? I am just curious about this.
Well so far it's been pretty difficult because I am learning how to use my Bluetooth sniffer to capture the packets sent between the controller and the lights. The problem is that my BLE sniffer isnt top shelf it's only hobbyist grade and is limited to sniffing one channel at a time. Also I'm kinda assuming that the lights and controller communicate with Bluetooth.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't show up in my WiFi or Bluetooth devices when I refresh. My other controllable devices do so I'm not sure what they use to control the lights.

Also TaShun Huang's app are all WiFi communication apps so not sure how easy it would be to alter them to control these. I've been looking for contact info to see if there is an interest in looking into this on his part but can't find any yet.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't show up in my WiFi or Bluetooth devices when I refresh. My other controllable devices do so I'm not sure what they use to control the lights.

Also TaShun Huang's app are all WiFi communication apps so not sure how easy it would be to alter them to control these. I've been looking for contact info to see if there is an interest in looking into this on his part but can't find any yet.
Yeah I'm having the same issue. I can't seem to sniff the Bluetooth packets with my BLE sniffer and Wireshark either. I'll have to find my wifi adapter and see if I can find any wifi packets being transferred. From my understanding BLE devices stop brodcasting advertising data when the connect to the master device. Also I'm only checking BLE for all I know they could be using Bluetooth classic protocol. My thoughts were that they are using BLE with the controller serving as the master and the lights as the slave on a Bluetooth piconet. The problem I'm facing is my BLE sniffer is only able to capture one channel out of 79 in the Bluetooth protocol at a time. Realistically I only need to check 3 for advertising data from a slave device. It's been a process but eventually I will figure it out. I may need to upgrade to an Ubertooth over my Bluefruit Nordic chip sniffer idk if it's worth it honestly to invest more money just to reverse engineer their API and write an app on top of it all in my free time especially when I spend 40 hours a week developing programming already. If I could just get access to their API and documentation I could spend all that time just making the app. Other companies provide access to their APIs but @noopsyche hasn't even acknowledged that Ive been asking about it.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that pressing the button to get the blue indicator flashing is a step in bluetooth pairing. So I tried to see if it would show up in either search with the indicator flashing. No luck.

I'm sure they are worried about the loss of profits on the controller sales if a third party app came out. So unless they were on board for the app ride I don't see them giving away API. Once again a STUPID move because their light sales will be held WAY back compared to having a smooth platform for control. Even if they waited until an app was available and bumped the price $5-$10 a light for being Android and IOS controllable I think they would do better.

:confused:

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Now that I've played with the controller and lights for a while I have a few questions.

What does "Transmit.... x" with x = a digit from 1-0 mean?

What does the solid square in the top left corner of the screen mean?

Thanks,
Kevin

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back