Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magicwhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was using the stock lighting in my evo and all my lps and softies did fine.

No harm in upgrading though really.

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had good growth out of the stock light as well, I only ugpraded it because the blue is very windex.

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock light/setup for 6 months now. Zoas, palys, GSP, Xenia, mushrooms, blasto and what I think is a birds nest are all growing, but slowly. Also have a branching frogspawn that hasn’t grown but looks healthy.

I just ordered the hipargero 30W off of Amazon. Going to give it a shot - plan to lay it on the hood and hoping I get enough spread through the hood opening.

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock light/setup for 6 months now. Zoas, palys, GSP, Xenia, mushrooms, blasto and what I think is a birds nest are all growing, but slowly. Also have a branching frogspawn that hasn’t grown but looks healthy.

I just ordered the hipargero 30W off of Amazon. Going to give it a shot - plan to lay it on the hood and hoping I get enough spread through the hood opening.
That's the light I have on mine now, it looks really clean lidless, but I also have an egg crate lid that I made because I don't trust those fish. I just have the lid off when I want to view the tank (and I think the egg crate reduces my light a bit).

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my thing is I want the lid don't really want to have the evaporation and don't know where I would hang a light other wise

Me too for same reason. Lid really helps with the evap and I don’t have/want an ATO.

I have a piece of acrylic I’m going to use to cover inside the stock light hole and hoping the hipargero works resting on the hood.

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand with the evaporation... I have to fill up that water bottle ato you see in the
20200710_175508.jpg
corner daily

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand with the evaporation... I have to fill up that water bottle ato you see in the
20200710_175508.jpg
corner daily

How does that little hang on ATO work? Think I saw it on amazon for like $10 bucks.

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it essentially fits most common water bottle sizes. It's got a little cap that you screw onto the water bottle and two plastic airline tubes that come off it. You cut one of the tubes to your desire water level, and leave the other a little longer so it sits in the water. When the water level dips and the shorter tube comes out of the water, it releases some of its contents until the smaller tube is submerged again. In this tank with no lid, that 16oz bottle has to be refilled with RODI daily. Best 12 bucks I ever spent on this hobby.

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it essentially fits most common water bottle sizes. It's got a little cap that you screw onto the water bottle and two plastic airline tubes that come off it. You cut one of the tubes to your desire water level, and leave the other a little longer so it sits in the water. When the water level dips and the shorter tube comes out of the water, it releases some of its contents until the smaller tube is submerged again. In this tank with no lid, that 16oz bottle has to be refilled with RODI daily. Best 12 bucks I ever spent on this hobby.
Man 16 oz of water is alot for one day! I think like mentioned before i will keep stock lighting for awhile to see how everything does and when funds are available I might upgrade lights and an micro ato

Back