Evo Quarantine tank positives and negatives?

jezz2001uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just upgraded from the Fluval Evo 13 G and I was thinking of putting some new fish in the upgrade to enable quarantine proceedings before moving my current Cardinal and Randall or would I be better moving my current fish to the upgraded display and using the fluval as a bare bottomed quarantine tank?

Ive a longhorned cow fish on order and would hate to stress him out in such a small quarantine environment as the fluval and this is why I thought adding him to the new display before any other fish would be a better option but now i am unsure there are so many different posts on quarantine proceedings.

Do I need to treat them in quarantine regardless or can I just keep an eye on them and treat if necessary?

What are the negative of a quarantine tank?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are going to commit to using a QT, you should quarantine every new addition. Downsides are obviously some larger fish won't appreciate being in a small tank, and you have to wait to add your fish to your display. If you're patient and set up the QT properly, there's no real downside.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank size is fine for quarantining if the fish arrive small. Follow the QT guide by Jay Hemdal on this website and it should be good.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, do you have a link to that post or how to find it?
Here ya go!

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I would love to put them directly into my display tank, god forbid your new fish has something and you put him into your newly set up display tank, now your display tank could be riddled with disease and unable to have any fish at all. I would put your current healthy fish in the display and QT in the small tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back