Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

AngieRN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven’t dug mine out of storage in years. I was totally sick of getting an accurate measurements with it. How are they making out with these have they fixed any of the many bugs that made them so in accurate?
Honestly - no - I consistently have issues with it. The strips are expensive and take forever to get to you. I continue to use it as the initial investment was so much! You would think things would improve over the 2 plus years that I have used the unit, but they seem to continue to go backwards. :(

Cliff717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly - no - I consistently have issues with it. The strips are expensive and take forever to get to you. I continue to use it as the initial investment was so much! You would think things would improve over the 2 plus years that I have used the unit, but they seem to continue to go backwards. :(
That’s too bad; it was a massive investment. I really feel scammed. It’s a shame reef2reef even keeps them as a sponsor knowing their product does not work.

Mikeyjuice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How To Calculate Magnesium Hardness
  1. Complete tests for Calcium UH Marine and Total Hardness UH Marine in any order.
  2. Press results. The value for Magnesium Hardness (as CaCO3) will be calculated automatically and displayed on the Results page of the app.
  3. If your desired result is the Magnesium Ion (Mg+2) multiply Magnesium Hardness (as CaCO3) by 0.2428
http://www.sensafe.com/exact-idip-570-news-updates-2/
I know this thread is quite old now but does the app still calculate magnesium? And does this only work with cah+Thu tests? I'm so confused as the app has two different total hardness tests if I use totUh I always get a hi result, havent tried with the other totUH II test

AngieRN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is quite old now but does the app still calculate magnesium? And does this only work with cah+Thu tests? I'm so confused as the app has two different total hardness tests if I use totUh I always get a hi result, havent tried with the other totUH II test
Yep - will automatically calculate mag once you have done CAH and THU tests

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this unit? Would you buy again? Or pass and use something else?

AngieRN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never matches with my Seneye readings but i continue to use it due to the initial investment. Calcium last week wouldn’t read so i couldn’t get THU or MAG readings out of it. I can keep softies fine but I’ve given up on lps and sticks. I initially loved what I thought was a razor point reading vs trying to discern what color i was seeing with the other kits. Probably would try Hanna checkers now first - but skeptical of those too since the salinity checker i bought from them has been way off.

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have 2, for 2 different locations. The positives are the ability to test multiple parameters with one device and get digital measurements. I find that of all the tests, the ALK2 test I run is always lower than my Hanna. If my iDip reads 6.72, my Hanna reads 7.4. If my iDip reads 8.4 my Hanna reads 12! This resulted is some SPS die off.
I also have issues on my main tank getting the THU test and not generating a MG level. The Calcium, Phosphate and Nitrate seem to be accurate, so I double check the Alk and MG with other tests.

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold mine. My main issue was I could not get back to back tests of the same water to agree, let alone in comparison to other test kits. The back to back results were wildly different despite testing the exact same water. I had ordered several batches of new reagents and that didn’t help. Add to it numerous technical glitches where the tester would randomly disconnect during a test, requiring that test to be repeated, I found it to be way too much hassle and unreliable. I now use Hanna checker and Salifert.

Rst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took great pains trying to get it to match or even follow my other testers(Hanna/Alkatronic/Trident etc). I gave up on mine. Now an expensive paper weight.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a new kit and actually forgot I have it - Yikes. I remember, not cheap either

Cliff717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love it if this thing worked! It was such an expensive purchase. It ticks me off that it doesn’t work. What makes me even more mad was that even after it was widely known, this thing did not work. reef2reef took them on as a sponsor, and continued to advertise with them, even though they knew it was a garbage product.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back