Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
numbers depend on which calcium test you are using, they have 2 calcium test kits and calcium range is different, 1st calcium test kit range is up to 500 ppm and second is Calcium, UH Marine Kit (as CaCO3) which has range from 730 - 1500, if your test kit is showing HI that means it is above 500 and second test kit will be able to give you the correct reading if it is higher than 730,

@eXact iDip® - Please correct me if I am wrong
The strips that I’m using were sent to me from Sensafe supposedly for the range I’m looking for. Looking at their store they only offer one marine calcium kit, which is the one I have. According to them, changing the settings should have fixed the issue but it didn’t. I really have to wonder if something is off in the meter. I have the purple transmission plug but they don’t give a number to compare it to. I’ll have to wait till Monday to talk with a rep due to the fact she’s at a trade show. We’ll see what they can do then

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strips that I’m using were sent to me from Sensafe supposedly for the range I’m looking for. Looking at their store they only offer one marine calcium kit, which is the one I have. According to them, changing the settings should have fixed the issue but it didn’t. I really have to wonder if something is off in the meter. I have the purple transmission plug but they don’t give a number to compare it to. I’ll have to wait till Monday to talk with a rep due to the fact she’s at a trade show. We’ll see what they can do then

Please do post your findings, I am waiting for my unit to arrive from sensafe and I will be testing my water parameters as well..

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I wanted to acknowledge your comment and thank you for your patience. We look forward to speaking to you on Monday and getting this issue resolved.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so little update on my tester that was sent back to sensafe and they sent me brand new unit back, I will be testing my parameters with new unit, I tested my water with ELOS test kits so I know where my water parameters are, I will be able to compare with exact Idip.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I did check parameters po4, nitrate and alk and here are the numbers, anybody have link to the video of how to get magnesium numbers or instructions?

Po4 - ELOS - 0.09, hanna low range meter - 0.09 and exact idip 0.09,

Nitrate - ELOS - 0 , and exact idip LO,

Alk - Elos - 14 dKH, exact idip - 11 dkh,

I don't remember how to do calcium and total hardness to get magnesium numbers if anyone have instructions that will be great...

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FD0D8D6D-CFD7-4D77-BC6F-59F9856F5BA4.jpeg
ok I did check parameters po4, nitrate and alk and here are the numbers, anybody have link to the video of how to get magnesium numbers or instructions?

I don't remember how to do calcium and total hardness to get magnesium numbers if anyone have instructions that will be great...
The eXact iDip app has the ability to automatically calculate results for various parameters once specific tests are completed . After completing the Required Tests below,
go to the Results page of the app and the Desired Result values below will be displayed automatically .
Desired Result

Required Tests
Magnesium

Calcium
Total Hardness
Residual Alkalinity

Calcium
Total Alkalinity Total Hardness
Sodium

Calcium Chloride Sulfate
Total Alkalinity Total Hardness
Langelie

Hope this helps

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E43253CB-FD6F-4D32-ACAB-2C2CC68F6D76.jpeg

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, I have the info but I need instructions on how to do the test for calcium and Total hardness, I am trying to find it in the app and it closes the app when I click on video ..

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, I have the info but I need instructions on how to do the test for calcium and Total hardness, I am trying to find it in the app and it closes the app when I click on video ..
I know calcium is 3.8 ml of water and 2 drops of reagent then zero, then read and swish the test strip for 20 seconds then cap it and wait on the results

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried just the instructions instead of the video? I actually just printed out the instructions on paper and refer to them instead of the video. Saves having to remember the procedure

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I’m not understanding some of the post about the customer service with the Idip tester. I have had some of the best responses from them on my tester. Never a long wait for a reply, and recently they had me ship the unit back to them, which I did on July 1st. It was received July 3rd. Just got a phone call from them. They have checked it out and found my problem and are in the process of sending it back. That’s customer service I can live with. Thanks For the quick turn around Sensafe Idip

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I’m not understanding some of the post about the customer service with the Idip tester. I have had some of the best responses from them on my tester. Never a long wait for a reply, and recently they had me ship the unit back to them, which I did on July 1st. It was received July 3rd. Just got a phone call from them. They have checked it out and found my problem and are in the process of sending it back. That’s customer service I can live with. Thanks For the quick turn around Sensafe Idip

My unit was giving me issues since it was in storage for more than 6 months and when i replaced the batteries and turned it back on it was having issues that I have never seen before, I called them and they faxed me the RMA and I sent the unit back to them and 3 days later I got call that they are sending me brand new unit and I have received it in three days

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done the testing with Elos and eXact iDip and Nitrate, phosphate and Alk, calcium readings are very very close to Elos test kit, when I performed total hardness test to get magnesium reading it came up as 2500 which is way higher that what i have in the tank, based on elose i have 1200 mag level in my tank, I am not sure whats up with that calculation... anyone having same results where mag is showing higher on idip and other test kit it is lower or normal??

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, any suggestions on testing nitrate since this test strip has long chemical pads and it does not submerse entirely in the call and says exposed, do we bend the strip and apply strokes or it is ok if it does not submerse (chemical part) entirely, Please advise?
Somewhere in the instructions I read that as long as the strips touch the bottom of the well it doesn’t matter if some of the pad is not totally submerged

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhere in the instructions I read that as long as the strips touch the bottom of the well it doesn’t matter if some of the pad is not totally submerged

thank you for your reply, I was always worried and tried to submerse to the end of the part and it was bending on the bottom of the cell.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back