Experience with Biota Rainford/Court Jester Goby?

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. This happened in March, I did request replacements. The mandarin arrived doa on the replacement, she was very tiny, mouth wide open. The Trimmas were never shipped, it was a mess trying to get it straight, three weeks later I had them cancel it. Kept saying fish shipped, no tracking, no fish. I may try once more to see what happens.
Hey Dhill, if you can send me over an email with your address to [email protected] and we'll make it right on our end to speed up the process a bit.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Court jesters are super fat and happy and eat pellets and frozen foods. I personally loved court jesters growing up in the hobby but could never keep alive them because of the specific diet but I learned captive-bred they're a completely different fish and thrive in aquariums.
Hi, would these need to be quarantined for possible parasites? Also, will they out compete my manderin for pods?

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, would these need to be quarantined for possible parasites? Also, will they out compete my manderin for pods?
I mentioned our thoughts on QT in our FAQ section here https://shop.thebiotagroup.com/pages/faqs but in short our facility is biosecure and we're confident in our products. We suggest a QT monitoring period with all livestock you add to your display.

These mostly feed on pellets at our facility but we do feed them frozen Hikari spirulina enriched brine shrimp to get some algae into their diet. Many different fish will feed on live pods in the tank as they're a naturally attractive food source due to their movement and nutritional profile.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, do you know if you will have any court jester gobies available in the near future? They have been out of stock for quite a while now.
I have some super tiny ones that are near .5"-.75" at our Florida facility right now but I'd like to grow them out more before putting them up for sale.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some super tiny ones that are near .5"-.75" at our Florida facility right now but I'd like to grow them out more before putting them up for sale.
Awesome. I would like to order one of those and a royal Gramma. I've been hoping to order both at the same time because of the shipping cost.

Are there any compatibility issues with one of your neon gobies and the court jester goby?

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I would like to order one of those and a royal Gramma. I've been hoping to order both at the same time because of the shipping cost.

Are there any compatibility issues with one of your neon gobies and the court jester goby?
There shouldn't be any compatability issues between them. Also generally court jesters are the ideal tank inhabitant and avoid conflict and aggression at all costs.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a biota and it's beautiful. Also eats frozen and pellets. I have had it 8 months and it's gone from 3/4" to 2". It's also a bold fish that I see all the time and hangs out with my leopard wrasse. Really worth it. Has become one of my favorite fish! Thanks @Biota_Marine

IMG_2400.jpeg

DiabloJP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a Court Jester Goby from Biota last week -- SO TINY! :smiling-face: Eating fine, moved into one of the aquascape "apartments", and hangs out with the clownfish for most of the day.

DiabloJP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a Court Jester Goby from Biota last week -- SO TINY! :smiling-face: Eating fine, moved into one of the aquascape "apartments", and hangs out with the clownfish for most of the day.

Almost 7 months later and he's a healthy, happy dude (or gal). We named him "Small Fry" because he was so tiny, but he's huge now so his name changed to "Large Fries". :) He eats almost anything, but his favorite is TDO small-size Chromaboost pellets.

When Large Fries was tiny the female clownfish in the tank spent almost all of her time with him during the day, usually ignoring Mr. Clownfish. Now that he's a big boy (or gal) he's a bit more independent but still has morning coffee with the clowns before going off and fraternizing with his other buddies (currently his favorite pal is a juvenile Royal Gramma who's a new addition, also from Biota). The female clown still nuzzles Large Fries quite a bit, much to the chagrin of Mr. Clown.

Large Fries is a great fish. Really social with other fish and values harmony. :smiling-face:

large_fries.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back