Experience with CBB

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for anyone with experience with CopperBanded Butterflies. I'm seriously considering getting one for my tank to deal with an aptasia but am concerned about my acans, zoas, and other things with soft tissue. Any experiences with them regarding any kind of coral munching (softies, LPS, SPS, clams) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Douglam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are unlikely to nip at corals, but they are quite difficult to keep. many are finicky eaters, and it is hard to provide them with a diet which can sustain them.

lReef lKeeper

I'm an SPS-aholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always used them for aptasia control ... i have also aways heard that they were hard to keep. HOWEVER, i have never had any problems keeping them. i had 2 in the four years that i was in the hobby before i took the break.

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will work great on your aiptasia. If they don't eat frozen mysis you can start them on frozen bloodworms and then they should take frozen mysis. Feed them 2-3x per day or they may begin to eat your LPS.

Good luck.

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that used to eat the feeder tentacles on my acans but the acans learned to keep them in during the day. (they actually look better with them in)Then one day I noticed he had stopped munching on them. He has never messed with anything else.

joe

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that ate anything I put in the tank, food wise. It also ate all feather worms. My buddy has a young one and it likes to nip at his acans.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back