OP
OP
David M.

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David, your tank IS beautiful. The reason I wanted it remade was your expectations of perfection meant about three small bubbles (less than 1/8 inch) in one of the vertical seams may not have been acceptable. No big deal for us to remake it. Yes, lead times are long as we are very busy. Secondly, I did not apologize to anyone for subpar products. Your little nano was part of our crowd source prototype program and as I repeatedly posted, these are prototypes. many of them went out for about $12 each. not a typo 12 bucks. The idea was to receive community feedback on the design and the improvements we can make to it. as i also noted, this design was new and we are working on improving the production process. the recessed one piece lexan lid filter covers and other features are all new with no other company doing anything like it. we sold almost 300 of these in three weeks. not bad for a new prototype design. of the total number sold (287), we received complaints on about 10-12 of them. most of them being poor seam quality on the hidden baffles. this is about 4% of shipped units on a new product that did not exist three weeks ago. finally, as for being potentially deceitful, we refunded your entire payment without question or hesitation because like all our clients, we want you to be happy and sometimes means you use another company. good thoughts to you and all the best.
I'm not particularly concerned about the Hushflow as I understand it's a prototype, it was added in this context because it followed a trend I noticed.

As for the imperfections in the 150, I wasnt notified of what they were. All I knew is the tank didnt pass QC, I think if that were properly communicated with me we could have avoided this. I would likely have been accepting of such a minor flaw so long as the pictures supported what you say.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not particularly concerned about the Hushflow as I understand it's a prototype, it was added in this context because it followed a trend I noticed.

As for the imperfections in the 150, I wasnt notified of what they were. All I knew is the tank didnt pass QC, I think if that were properly communicated with me we could have avoided this. I would likely have been accepting of such a minor flaw so long as the pictures supported what you say.
I want to show you how your aquarium was coming along and the reason we wanted to remake it. Here are some shots of it before we cut it up into scrap.

58838228-F298-4F7A-B32B-F1B416A6C0F2.jpeg

Top view

7F0008AD-9931-40B4-89C2-6877F2F69599.jpeg

Impeccable seam quality

A45809E4-07D7-4B9F-833F-2F7AB4A0E824.jpeg

Rear seam

D6F78CAB-9E8A-49F9-8A69-112A01715BD1.jpeg

This was the area I did not like. By the finger.

4D37FA3E-87D9-460C-A2A0-DF9E0942D69D.jpeg

Here was your synergy filter.

Again. All the best to you.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't selling it as a "blem" be better than scrapping it?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back