Experimental Pico

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a 2.7 tank (had store credit, got the tank for nothing- so why not, lets do it). It hould be arriving some time next week. It'll be my first pico tank (smallest reef tank I've had is 10 gal)

I want to do a pest corals tank.. a tank of corals no one wants. GSP, Cloves, Kenyas..
Add a shrimp (maybe a pair of Harlequin?), some snails and crabs. no fish.

Help me build it!

Should I go BB on a pico? or SB best for a pico?
I don't want to spend a lot on lights.. maybe a single Par38 bulb or is that an overkill? I want to keep the tank clean looking since it'll be in my kitchen.

I have a standard HOB filter rated for 10 gals (might be for 20 gals..) should offer enough flow. I'll have sponges and carbon in the filter.

Planning on using the water from my 75g for water changes. Have RO to top off with.

View attachment Penn-Plax-Vertex-Aquarium-Kit-for-Fish-Shrimp-c447bf57-a939-4b93-a46c-b17a3fde7c95_600.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new