Expired? Bacteria Culture

umutcancamci

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
Turkey
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

After moving house recently, I re-set up my tank. However, I have hesitation about my bacteria culture. I have AF pro bio S, bio S, and NP pro but all of them’s expiration date is February 2023. I smelled but none of them smell bad they smell what they should smell like. I kept them in the fridge since I bought them. My question is do they realle expire in case we store them under proper conditions? Do I need to buy a new one?
 
Hey everyone,

After moving house recently, I re-set up my tank. However, I have hesitation about my bacteria culture. I have AF pro bio S, bio S, and NP pro but all of them’s expiration date is February 2023. I smelled but none of them smell bad they smell what they should smell like. I kept them in the fridge since I bought them. My question is do they realle expire in case we store them under proper conditions? Do I need to buy a new one?
I think they're fine right now. I'm no professional microbiologist but a lot of expiration dates are more for the shops selling them from my understanding. I think you'll get the same benefit as you would have several months ago. I believe many bacterial additives use the endospores which are very tough and difficult to kill so I doubt they simply got too old to be viable. (I'm unsure what the downside could be regardless.) I'm sure there are people a lot wiser than myself on the forum however, and I'll check in as they comment.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new