Ext 112 ushio 400 wat MH System.

  • Thread starter Thread starter X-37B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The 2 urchins hanging out together at the top of the tank.
20260816_132344.jpg
20260816_132304.jpg
 
I have had this small bicolor angel for a few days now. I will keep.an eye on it as it grows. Would be easy to remove if needed down the road.
20260820_120325.jpg
 
Is it considered reef safe angle?
With caution. Never had this one before so we will see.
The Swallowtail Angel I have in the 150 is the only type that is considered reef safe. Its getting big now.
Just took this one.
20260820_124317.jpg
 
So I was gifted these today
3 lumenarc 19" no glass or a way to add it.
2 lumen max 2 12" no glass
One was new in plastic.
The lumenarcs never had glass so spotted but not bad. All 3 need to be rewired. I will work on one and replace the socket and wire so I can get some par readings.
The 2 lumen max 2's need glass and are setup for it. I can test one and see what it gives.
20260824_115318.jpg
20260824_115310.jpg
20260824_115113.jpg
20260824_114918.jpg

20260824_122151.jpg
20260824_122414.jpg
 
Couple more pics I just took.
I like the Ushio 20K look with the 2 14K edge bars. No filter just my phone.
20260820_124420.jpg
20260820_124420.jpg
20260820_124418.jpg
20260820_124418.jpg
20260820_124418.jpg
Looking good Sven!
 
So I was gifted these today
3 lumenarc 19" no glass or a way to add it.
2 lumen max 2 12" no glass
One was new in plastic.
The lumenarcs never had glass so spotted but not bad. All 3 need to be rewired. I will work on one and replace the socket and wire so I can get some par readings.
The 2 lumen max 2's need glass and are setup for it. I can test one and see what it gives.
20260824_115318.jpg
20260824_115310.jpg
20260824_115113.jpg
20260824_114918.jpg

20260824_122151.jpg
20260824_122414.jpg
Wooooooow Holly moly !
This are pure gold !
They are the gold standard of reef lighting !
Perfect spread ,Perfect spectrum (depends on bulb&ballast) , Perfect growth patterns of corals , and enhanced colours!
I wish that new reefers will try MH lights for once !
 
Halide has a different look for sure. Corals are doing well.
20260820_144144.jpg
LEDs usually give the water a "haze" look due to the very narrow band of so-called UV
 
So I was gifted these today
3 lumenarc 19" no glass or a way to add it.
2 lumen max 2 12" no glass
One was new in plastic.
The lumenarcs never had glass so spotted but not bad. All 3 need to be rewired. I will work on one and replace the socket and wire so I can get some par readings.
The 2 lumen max 2's need glass and are setup for it. I can test one and see what it gives.
20260824_115318.jpg
20260824_115310.jpg
20260824_115113.jpg
20260824_114918.jpg

20260824_122151.jpg
20260824_122414.jpg
Glass is used mainly to keep water and salt off the reflector and bulb. If it were a double ended, you'd need the glass for the UV protection.
 
I've got my giessmann spectra today...
Can't wait to power up this beast 😎
20260824_161407.jpg
Those are beautiful lights! The aesthetics make for a very clean look.
 
Those are beautiful lights! The aesthetics make for a very clean look.
You right...that's the main reason that I choosed them...today its mainly giessmann and reef brite that still manufacture good quaint MH gear.
I hope that this fixture will last for at least 20 years .
I bought spare parts for everything haha
 
Looking good Sven!
Thanks its comming along nicely at 5 months now.

This is the first growth test pics on a stag.
Both were fresh cuts from the lfs.
Both were added at the same time to each system.
The halide system is giving 500+ par to the stag
The led system is 300 par to the stag.
Led
20260824_130029.jpg

Halide
20260824_130544.jpg
 
Thanks its comming along nicely at 5 months now.

This is the first growth test pics on a stag.
Both were fresh cuts from the lfs.
Both were added at the same time to each system.
The halide system is giving 500+ par to the stag
The led system is 300 par to the stag.
Led
20260824_130029.jpg

Halide
20260824_130544.jpg

The halides system takes this race at 1St place !
 
Thanks its comming along nicely at 5 months now.

This is the first growth test pics on a stag.
Both were fresh cuts from the lfs.
Both were added at the same time to each system.
The halide system is giving 500+ par to the stag
The led system is 300 par to the stag.
Led
20260824_130029.jpg

Halide
20260824_130544.jpg
And to my opinion the colour of this stag is much more beautiful and natural at the halides system .
I bet that you took the pics of the halides without orange lens...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new