External Skimmer for a nano 22

Danh Ngo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
469
Reaction score
211
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nano 22G mixed reef. I want to swap to a strong skimmer. I'm currently running a Aquaticlife 30G internal. I want something external and could support a heavy load for my tank because I want to add more live stock.
The current skimmer is okay with the bioload at the moment. But for sure if I add more stock, it could crash my tank.
Any idea or suggestion for a good EXTERNAL skimmer
Thank you
 
are you going to use a sump or want a hang on back (HOB) skimmer?
Its a nano tank, hob would be more convenience. Dont have a sump :D
 
Can't go wrong with the Aqua C Remora or Aquamaxx HOB 1.5.
 
I had a JBJ AIO and ran a remora pro. It worked fine. Just had to keep the injector clean. More dark green tea than sludge but it worked well. I think the design and pump are better on the AM HOB, but the aesthetics of the remora may be better suited to some-- and the AM sits a bit higher. I dont have experience with the newer AM HOB skimmers but i ran a warner marine HOB H2 and it was a great skimmer (AM design copy).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new