Extremely lethal and mysterious disease killing fish

TheStripedHermit

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all started when I added a midas a few months ago and ever since then any new fish I add to the tank will always die after a week or two however it does not affect inverts.

The symptoms displayed are a reduction in appetite but still eating and gently pacing the glass. At the end the fish will suddenly begin to violently dart and scratch itself everywhere with laboured breathing and by this point theres no hope saving it as death comes the next day.

I doubt it's gill flukes as I treated the tank with prazipro and even left it uninhabited for two months before I added fish so ich seems unlikely. My guess is it may be some kind if viral disease but I'm unsure.

Let me know what your guys thoughts are as its unlike anything I've heard of
 
Do they swim into power heads? Possible velvet. I’ve had that happen to be before because I didn’t qt. And yes none of the those fish killing parasites kill inverts
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new