Eye Candy: The most photogenic fish thread

20190324_091626.jpg
20190113_182200.jpg
20190324_091051.jpg
20190113_181847.jpg
 
How big do they get? I’m not concerned with any coral nipping

Thanks!

Pretty big, I think up to 9-10”. But, they aren’t super active like a tang would be... live aquaria has them rated for 125g.

The hardest part is getting one that’s eating... I don’t recommend mail-order for these guys if you can avoid it. The first one I ordered didn’t eat at all and died in QT. The second didn’t really eat well, and eventually died too. This one I finally found at my LFS, ate mysis there from the start. Still eats everything and anything!

He doesn’t nip corals (yet) but, I had to move a deresa recently... he went from taking little nips at the mantle to ripping off chunks of byssal threads from his foot [emoji37]
 
Pretty big, I think up to 9-10”. But, they aren’t super active like a tang would be... live aquaria has them rated for 125g.

The hardest part is getting one that’s eating... I don’t recommend mail-order for these guys if you can avoid it. The first one I ordered didn’t eat at all and died in QT. The second didn’t really eat well, and eventually died too. This one I finally found at my LFS, ate mysis there from the start. Still eats everything and anything!

Thanks for the information.

I have a lot to read and learn first!
 
Not a photo, but I did this vid of my corals and my Melanurus Wrasse couldn't resist inserting itself in front of the camera a good chunk of the time:

 
So beautiful - and there are some pretty adorable fish out there!
I need to start using an actual camera to take pictures - not just my phone :)
 
What other wrasses can i put in the reef tank with tangs, Bangais, clowns, goby & 6 line wrasse???

With an established 6-line wrasse, likely none... they generally don’t play nice with other wrasses :/
 
So beautiful - and there are some pretty adorable fish out there!
I need to start using an actual camera to take pictures - not just my phone :)

My pictures are from my iPhone :) I’d say, okay to play regardless of what you’re using!
 
Bump for more fish photos! :D :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new