F R I G U S R E E F ‘ s 10 GALLON REEF

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks so good! I don't have a real scape either, neither does nature. Embrace it! @Eagle_Steve has given me a few locations and stuff to start collecting down here, I'm waiting for it to warm up a little though, I hate this weather.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks so good! I don't have a real scape either, neither does nature. Embrace it! @Eagle_Steve has given me a few locations and stuff to start collecting down here, I'm waiting for it to warm up a little though, I hate this weather.
I’ll definitely start collecting I hope to get down there this summer. I’d like to move back but I’m just waiting for God to tell me where to go :)

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E008E957-2A45-4160-9E04-2526A8806850.jpeg

i went to bed at midnight lastnight and then I did this (I’m waiting to order a light) and I’m really just embracing the cronie spirit

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering where you had gone and now I see, you changed your name!! Since I lose almost everyone's thread and dont get alerts most of the time I lost track. Went through the thread today with all the ups and downs (stop that!!) and hope all is well. Really like the little macro tank!

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering where you had gone and now I see, you changed your name!! Since I lose almost everyone's thread and dont get alerts most of the time I lost track. Went through the thread today with all the ups and downs (stop that!!) and hope all is well. Really like the little macro tank!
All is great! I’m still @Frigus_Reef on A.R.C. I need to continue with my build on there. And sorry for a late reply my notifs from this page don’t load *growl*

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U P D A T E
I am going to be getting some live rock from KP Aquatics, but I was like I have a portrait, and buying ten pounds I want to put as much rock as possible in, which is hard because I don’t have a lot of footprint cause it’s a portrait and I need a light and my current five gallon keeps making angry noises and I’ve cleaned the filter checked it over and everything is fine. So, I took that as a sign to return this one and get a new one. I know. “How problematic, Junior. How spoiled and bratty you are!?” Yes, I know. I’m a friggin’ first world FIEND. Anyways, I have this puppy coming in as my exchange.

The light works for coral, the footprint is bigger, I know, I’m insane. But I’ll be returning this one on Saturday.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U P D A T E
I am going to be getting some live rock from KP Aquatics, but I was like I have a portrait, and buying ten pounds I want to put as much rock as possible in, which is hard because I don’t have a lot of footprint cause it’s a portrait and I need a light and my current five gallon keeps making angry noises and I’ve cleaned the filter checked it over and everything is fine. So, I took that as a sign to return this one and get a new one. I know. “How problematic, Junior. How spoiled and bratty you are!?” Yes, I know. I’m a friggin’ first world FIEND. Anyways, I have this puppy coming in as my exchange.

The light works for coral, the footprint is bigger, I know, I’m insane. But I’ll be returning this one on Saturday.
Your pump sounds like it has a rod knocking and not much room in the tank to put an upgraded one. I dont blame ya lol.

If my pump was going "Raghraghraghragh" and I had no way to replace it but with the same pump, I would look at new tank also.

Plus you are actually looking at this better than you think.

With the current tank, you need a light to support corals and higher light macros. You need to upgrade the return and are stuck with the filtration the tank has.

With the evo sea v, you get a light that will support macros and medium light corals out of the box, you get the ability to upgrade filtration later for cheap and diy if you want or upgrade the filtration via intank stuff. You also get the ability to upgrade the pump if needed and have more from for a small powerhead.

To me, you are actually saving some money.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pump sounds like it has a rod knocking and not much room in the tank to put an upgraded one. I dont blame ya lol.

If my pump was going "Raghraghraghragh" and I had no way to replace it but with the same pump, I would look at new tank also.

Plus you are actually looking at this better than you think.

With the current tank, you need a light to support corals and higher light macros. You need to upgrade the return and are stuck with the filtration the tank has.

With the evo sea v, you get a light that will support macros and medium light corals out of the box, you get the ability to upgrade filtration later for cheap and diy if you want or upgrade the filtration via intank stuff. You also get the ability to upgrade the pump if needed and have more from for a small powerhead.

To me, you are actually saving some money.
Lol y’all this is funny because
45DB4FC3-0382-4038-9F82-1DB55213A011.jpeg

And thank you for making me feel less bad about my financials.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m talking to my biology teacher about doing a three gallon tide pool tank with a three gallon bowl I have. Mainly echinoderms like brittle or serpent stars and maybe a small urchin then macro and crabs like Mithrax and hermits. I might make a post on the Atlanta reef club about taking pest animals like majano or aiptasia or pest corals to throw into it.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went home this morning from school due to a migraine, but recovered quick so I got to work. I cleaned my reef dedicated mop bucket that’s been on my back porch for like months and it smelled like sulfur hydroxide from all the marine decomposition.
732D77E6-FFD1-4E9B-BE90-2AD090B13FFB.gif

But I’m used to the various smells of decomposition due to my career path
#FuneralServiceGoals #LivinTheDeathLife #EwDecomp

I did however find one of my FAVORITE rocks, I thought I gave it away. I was so happy to find it. It’ll need lots of cleaning and cycling but hey, maybe I’ll add it in to my new reef. I also found a brain skeleton that I might look into setting in a piece of jewelry.

Anyways, I had enough time to clean my bucket but I’ve gotta go to work soon, I can’t afford to rush with corals. I’ll wait till I get home this evening to do the rest, then I can actually take my time. Tomorrow evening when I get off work I’ll go return my package. Then the corals will live in a bucket until hopefully Tuesday when the new tank gets in.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved everything over to the bucket, then the bucket started leaking so my amazing dad ran to the store bought the same exact one and I put the bucket in the new bucket. The bag is a bag of water to displace water so it’s enough for the heater to not run dry because all my reef crystals went solid, anyone know how to stop that?
31EDA427-483E-43AB-A8AE-B64F41AAB8F6.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
keep your salt dry.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
had to get moisture in to harden
you can smash it and use,just don't add particles in bottom of mix water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back