false v. true perc. RBTA (cap breed)

koichiban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a newbie question but, thats what I am. I do however do alot of research and have been geting many different answers . both my LFS say its pretty much 50/ 50 with false and true pecs. on percentages of hosting in a RBTA. but some of the online info says the false have a less likely chance. I do want the false but wouldn't be opposed to getting the true if its an issue. Of course I'll be getting a CB, so they probably, will not know what an anemone is, (socially activated genetic stimulation ?). any help to my rather elementary yet non the less important research would be greatly appreciated.

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My false perc. host my RBTA but they started with a condy I used to have. As soon as I put the RBTA in they went straight to it. I put the clowns and the condy in together to acclimate and they have hosted every since. I think it depend on the clown mostly though. Some do some don't but it is the same with true perc. to. And bother of mine are CB.

OP
OP
K

koichiban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks its definately good to know that someones having luck with it. I knew it was possible but to hear it works first hand always puts my mind at ease :)

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. There are people that have them for 5 or 6 years before they host. If you want a clownfish that will go straight to a BTA get a maroon but warning sooner or later you will regret it. When you cleaning the back glass an all the sudden you feel pain and start leaking blood. Lol

OP
OP
K

koichiban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really done any research on the maroon. r they that vicious ? cause at that point it might be time for me to get my mini harpoon out.....

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a problem with them and any of my fish. But my false perc. have it out for me to. Lol

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r :welcome: Maroons are definitly considered to be one of the most aggressive clownfish, had a thread that started last week in the clownfish anemone section about which species of clowns tend to be aggressive.

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 true percs that go back and forth from an LTA, sebae, RBTA, and GBTA in my tank;) They don't like the carpet so my saddleback pair hosts it.

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blk/wht and a naked that will pass up my RBT for my large Goni...Funniest thing. will catch the naked "nursing" on the RBT, don't know whats up with that... Goni took about a month before she stayed open for them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back