Fan Worms/Feather Dusters

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2 year old 55 gallon mixed reef, and looking to add some coolness to the tank. Was thinking about adding a fan worm. Any advice? Would love some feedback on your experience and would also love to see pics! Please advise....thanks [emoji16]

OP
OP
GoPitt88

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please note that my tank includes a Six Line Wrasse, a Coral Beauty, an Emerald Crab, and a small Blue Tuxedo Urchin, amongst other tame fish and inverts.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got several feather dusters with both emerald crabs and a tuxedo urchin with no problems. My pink short spine urchin has picked up two of them and carries them around. It's been around 2 months and both are still alive and actively feed.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coral Beauty would be my only concern. A few wrasses will pick at a fan too. My solar wrasse never does.

I have kept fans worms, coco worms for over 2 years. I broadcast feed my SPS corals twice a week though. So mine get fed well. I don't think coco worms make it without being fed. Fans are easier to keep.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back