OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "Farm"... Still growing out my newer acquired frags.
IMG_20180816_113528.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique Coral Turquoise Tort (whites) - this one I never see listed on their website anymore... I actually don't hardly see any of their frag-to-order colonies for that matter... Like the Purple Monster... Nonetheless, I'm glad I got a piece before it disappeared off their website.
UCTurquoiseTort (1 of 1).jpg

BC Hungs Truly Unbelievable/Hung's Rainbow Explosion (actinics) - my "mother" colony. Its at a hard angle so excuse the quality.
BCHungstrulyunbelievableactinic (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to need to get a pack like this from you someday. I can live on ramen for a month or three, no biggie :D
I like to keep a rotation of ramen and grilled cheese sandwiches before any big frag purchase. [emoji23]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC Blue monster - I have high hopes for this one... Very unique growth form and some nice color to boot.
WWCBlueMonster (1 of 1).jpg

FarmerTy Eternal Flame (mother colony under actinics) - the large frag in the frag tank was showing some amazing colors on the polyps... Almost VA Confetti types colors but its nice to scoot back away from the macro and see a small colony as well. This one is under T5s about 450 par.
FTEternalFlame (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FarmerTy Eternal Flame (mother colony under actinics) - the large frag in the frag tank was showing some amazing colors on the polyps... Almost VA Confetti types colors but its nice to scoot back away from the macro and see a small colony as well. This one is under T5s about 450 par.

Save one for me... dat growth structure

<mouth watering intensifies>

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC Blue monster - I have high hopes for this one... Very unique growth form and some nice color to boot.
WWCBlueMonster (1 of 1).jpg

There is something about that blue monster that just looks “fake” (I’m not talking about ur photo just the coral in general) like is truly a one of a kind type piece might have to add that to that moulin Rouge ur holding for me

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is something about that blue monster that just looks “fake” (I’m not talking about ur photo just the coral in general) like is truly a one of a kind type piece might have to add that to that moulin Rouge ur holding for me
You should have seen it when I first got it in. It looked like one giant blue pimple. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ty,

Can you please let me know what tools you use/have for fragging your corals? Links would be awesome but not needed! I have had a few el cheapo ones and they always end up rusting or being bad after not many uses.

Thanks!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ty,

Can you please let me know what tools you use/have for fragging your corals? Links would be awesome but not needed! I have had a few el cheapo ones and they always end up rusting or being bad after not many uses.

Thanks!
Fine point clippers (for those bushy colonies that grow tight together)
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/soft-nipper-6-inch.html

Large clippers (for cutting larger stoney branches)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GFKSUM

Band saw (for the really big jobs)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/gryp...uQ0FFuvNz5ZlGmEYDPQQRGLz8hlUUvaRoCjGUQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two phone snaps today.

My 20k lokani colony. Old school acro, from the days of the people monster, Oregon Tort, etc... The classics. Slow grower and sensitive... Two attributes of acros people don't try to keep anymore. I can think of 5-6 people that even still have the 20k lokani off the top of my head, though I'm sure there are plenty of old school reefers who aren't online that have it still.
IMG_20180819_231632.jpg

I couldn't capture the colors very well with this one using my DSLR but the phone snapped one decently, minus the lack of better detail but color is spot on to what I see. Any guesses?
IMG_20180819_231501.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Lokanis!! I had a 30K in my old tank, and would love to get another along with the 20K for my new tank.
Me too! I've been hunting down a 30k. Thought I had it too but the guy just lost his colony last month. [emoji53]

I'm getting an ATL Simplex though... Another smooth skin variety that's not so common.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back