FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things have been really dead in Toronto (reef forums, saltwater lfs or anything pertaining to reef) since the Indo coral ban. We do get odd times the Aussie shipments which cost more than any Indo corals ... period. At this stage I can't see myself spending too much on ridiculously over priced corals although on odd times I do bend over and bite the bullet over for "one of a kind/hard to find" corals ;)

Worse when you know that it's a real hassle to acquire corals imported from US reefers, even if it's cultured locally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things have been really dead in Toronto (reef forums, saltwater lfs or anything pertaining to reef) since the Indo coral ban. We do get odd times the Aussie shipments which cost more than any Indo corals ... period. At this stage I can't see myself spending too much on ridiculously over priced corals although on odd times I do bend over and bite the bullet over for "one of a kind/hard to find" corals ;)

Worse when you know that it's a real hassle to acquire corals imported from US reefers, even if it's cultured locally.

I've been biting the bullet a lot lately! [emoji17] Things have definitely gotten more expensive! I remember the good ol' $10 acro frags locally. That ship has sailed!

I'm like you these days, looking for that unique piece. How on earth do you get pieces into Canada from the US? I always wondered!

Last edited:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been biting the bullet a lot lately! [emoji17] Things have definitely gotten more expensive! I remember the good ol' $10 acro frags locally. That ship has sailed!

I'm like you these days, looking for that unique piece. How on earth do you get pieces into Canada from the US? I always wondered!

It's pretty hard to get corals from you guys in the States and plus you need CITES permits & the currency exchange rate ain't looking good these days. The closest I can get to your corals is via my monitor ... o_O

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty hard to get corals from you guys in the States and plus you need CITES permits & the currency exchange rate ain't looking good these days. The closest I can get to your corals is via my monitor ... o_O
In that case, here is a Jason Fox Firedragon I got you!
9abcbe3e41d6f2cf71d7ff05f930b04c.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I don't have to pay for accommodation too
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Tank is looking bananas though man!! Loving it :D
Nah, you're guest bedroom will work fine. No other accommodations needed. [emoji16]

Thanks a bunch bud!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh please ... that's where I practice my "drooling" & fortunately never got "caught, kicked out & banned" ... :D.
The salinity keeps dropping in the tank... Seems to correlate with this one guy visiting each time.... Hmm.....

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back